Sign in to follow this  
psolk

It's a subscription based world...

I subscribe to Sirius because they have the only, and the best classical music station I can get.  The rock and roll and country and western stations around here or 24 hour news or radio talk shows or commentators who pontificate their points of view aren't what I prefer to listen to.  Bethoven, Chopin, Litz, Tchaikovsky, and company are what do it for me and Sirius has all that.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

47 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Well I didnt actually read the original linked to article but since the entire thread is about 'subscriptions' I assumed "on going payments" because..."subscription".  sorry for misunderstanding.

Some subscriptions do make sense, and I don't think anyone would argue against those ones. I think the point being highlighted here, however, is that we're now seeing everything being turned into a subscription whether it's actually warranted or not, purely for the benefit of the company selling it. I would recommend reading the article and keep an eye out for it if you're buying a car in the future.

31 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I subscribe to Sirius because they have the only, and the best classical music station I can get. 

Which makes complete sense as a subscription. Someone needs to keep the station going, and it's either going to be ads and sponsorhips, or the listeners paying for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bunkie said:

Agreed, but it's nice to know that the guy who designed the Edsel Ford has finally found a new employer 🙂

Geez your right about the Edsel. I knew I’d seen that new BMW grill somewhere before but couldn’t place it. 

Maybe BMW’s new tag line should be - A German take on an America classic 😂😂

7914A132-72B0-403D-A118-3C7176C7707D.jpeg

26B3D697-16F2-4B5B-B9AE-C3410D8FB476.jpeg

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Heated seat subscription". Maybe a windscreen wiper arm subscription would sell well in Seattle! 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

reducing the price of the indicator subscription on BMW's may encourage more drivers to use them 😊

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png