Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

What's your favorite plane at the moment?

I must be a noob, because I like the included TBM 930. I watch Steveo1kinevo's YouTube channel, so I have bit of affinity toward the TBM because of that, and it gives me the best of both worlds - I can fly low and slow and sight-see, or I can fly high and fast to get from point A to B.

I suspect the default TBM might be a bit of a miss in regards to realism, so if anyone knows of any must-have mods or addons, let me know!

Disclaimer - IANAP IRL

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tup61 said:

I never ever rotate. Apart from when I take off in my beloved Fenix A320. 😎 Unlike a few others here I fly a plane for weeks or months (or even years) without ever touching another plane. I never have more than 1 favorite and I fly it all the time.

There is some good logic to that. I do tend to rotate among 8 planes just for the fun of the variety. But, when you stick to one, you really get good at it!

• Like 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Milviz C310 with TDS GTNXi...sublime.

• Like 2

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

2 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I suspect the default TBM might be a bit of a miss in regards to realism, so if anyone knows of any must-have mods or addons, let me know!

The TBM (modded) is one of my favs - I fly it at least once a week.  I highly recommend the following:

Whenever there has been a sim update the Improvement Mod has been nuked.  Let me know if there are any issues for you and I may be able to provide a work-around.  The author/supporting cast has done a pretty good job of correcting issues after updates.

• Like 4

Randall Rocke

JP Logistics Cessna 152 mod.  Great flight model, working instrument lights and doors that OPEN!  

• Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

It's still the Kodiak. I've been exploring all the small strips around Chile and it's just works flawlessly. 

I always come back to it as well. Not perfect, but STOL capable, but fast too when you need to get somewhere. Can't wait for their PC12. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Milviz C310 with TDS GTNXi...sublime.

It is also great with the PMS GTN 750. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, RandallR said:

The TBM (modded) is one of my favs - I fly it at least once a week.  I highly recommend the following:

Whenever there has been a sim update the Improvement Mod has been nuked.  Let me know if there are any issues for you and I may be able to provide a work-around.  The author/supporting cast has done a pretty good job of correcting issues after updates.

I'm running the G3000 mod - wonderful!

I tried the Improvement Mod (if it's the one that lets you open doors, etc), but some of the buttons would not work for me, important things like the starter switch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I tried the Improvement Mod (if it's the one that lets you open doors, etc), but some of the buttons would not work for me, important things like the starter switch.

Hmmm.  No issues here. However, here is a fix that worked early on for me when SU9 was introduced:

Replace TBM930_interior_LOD00.gltf file in the mod with the original one from SU9. The file can be found in:

asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

Close call between the C310 and the C414... depends on the size airplane you like to fly..

Would you rather drive a BMW or a Range Rover?  😉

Bert

21 hours ago, tup61 said:

I never ever rotate. Apart from when I take off in my beloved Fenix A320. 😎 Unlike a few others here I fly a plane for weeks or months (or even years) without ever touching another plane. I never have more than 1 favorite and I fly it all the time.

Got to have options man, if I thought like this I'd probably quit flight sim due to boredom. I fly the Maddog now at the moment because that's when this thread started that asked the question, lol. I'm all in for Airliners, GA singles, Twins, Turbo Props, Ultralights, Bush planes, Vintage, Bizs Jets even Helis but I will stay away from fighters (or non fighters in MSFS) and military aircraft, that Darkstar and Pelican though.

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Got to have options man, if I thought like this I'd probably quit flight sim due to boredom.

Already have enough options in life, man, if I thought like you I'd probably quit flight simming due to lack of depth. 😎

Edited by tup61
Typo