Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

What's your favorite plane at the moment?

9 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Already have enough options in life, man, if I thought like you I'd probably quit flight simming due to lack of depth. 😎

If you need depth you need a submarine sim not a flightsim.

• Like 5

Harry Woodrow

19 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Already have enough options in life, man, if I thought like you I'd probably quit flight simming due to lack of depth. 😎

Touchy?

11 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Touchy?

Noooo no no no, not at all. It was meant to be a funny remark. Certainly not touchy. I can fully understand people not liking to fly one plane for months and months. 😉 I just can't stand hopping from one plane into another all the time. But that's just me. To each his own. 😉

Edited by tup61

FSW Cessna 414. Have the 310 as well but there's just something about the 414 that keeps me flying it over the 310. Both good planes but if I had to choose only one it would be the 414.

• Like 1

All new planes are fun for a couple of weeks, but I always come back to TBM eventually...

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, RandallR said:

Replace TBM930_interior_LOD00.gltf file in the mod with the original one from SU9.

Thanks, I'll give that a try! It sounds like the right file for the problem I have.

5 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Got to have options man,

While I have a single "go to" plane for general flying, the aforementioned TBM 930, one plane is not enough for everything I'm interested in doing. Specifically, I like landing on lakes, and I was so happy to see that Asobo has added a bunch of proper float planes. Now if we could only go fishing after we land. Is there an add-on for that? 🤗

I also will take that "flying car" (looks like a drone) out when I want to take a close look at a town or other scenery. I don't especially "like" it, but at least I'm flying something rather than just using camera magic (showcase / slew) which feels a bit like cheating. I parked the "car" in my IRL driveway and took some pictures - that was cool!

Someday I want to get a cargo jetliner and run one of the UPS routes that I used to sort for once upon a time. I've still got lots to learn before then, however (IANAP).

If I really don't want to have to think about what I'm doing with the aircraft, and just totally focus on the scenery below, I'll tend to use the Savage Gravel. Great fun and no concentration required. Other than that I'll just pick whatever takes my fancy or seems like a nice combination with whatever bit of scenery I want to explore. Great fun to fly a Spitfire up the coast from San Diego to Monterey, or a C-17 from Gib down into Morocco, or go whizzing around Beijing in a GeeBee, or even that nice CS777 from Beirut to Tehran, or maybe pootle from Southend up to the big city in the Staggerwing. Or how about taking a C170 around Manhattan. Or buzzing Boston in the H135/H145. Or Cape Town in the Honda Jet. Or maybe visit Moscow with a B2 if I'm feeling agressive.

Basically, to quote Pete Townshend - "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere I choose!"

All this only works because I just want to know enough about a plane to get it in to the air (and maybe back down again!). If I have to learn how to fly one properly I tend not to use it. This is why I don't use the DC6 much, even though I love the look of it, and why I haven't actually gotten around to trying the PMDG 737 that I weakened and bought.

I far more love to see these different aircraft in the skies over my chosen part of the world than actually fly them. And boy, is this the sim for that sort of behaviour - there are days on a good trip where I feel like Harry Potter on his broomstick!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Since I have to be in her all the time anyway, I'd say the PMDG 737.  Sadly I have just about every other plane listed in this post, but not enough time to fly them between testing the 737 and painting in between.

Can't think of a much better plane to be "stuck" in though. 🙂  You'd think I'd be bored by now...but since I'm testing more than just the -700, and more upcoming options you guys may (or may not, LOL) know about, it keeps life interesting every time I jump in the plane for a test flight.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 7/13/2022 at 3:33 AM, ricka47 said:

I almost bought the Trislander but I have the Islander and am hoping that the update will bring it up to the same level. It is supposed to be out "soon." Even without the update, it is a fun plane to fly.

Should be out now.. 🙂

Bert

PMDG 737 by far is the most used aircraft in my hangar....its so addictive.

Thomas Derbyshire

Fenix A320, PMDG 737, and the Cessna 414.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Fenix A320 most of my simming time.
When I feel like doing some low-and-slow in my area, GotFriends Optica.

pmdg 737-600 35 bucks a steal waiting for 800

also cessna 414 aw

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Currently (it changes regularly):

1. Sting S4, it is really well done with lots of depth, but also because occasionally I get to fly one in real life.
  2. Global Swift, again because it is really well done,  but also because it is the only low wing, single engine, tail dragger that I own.

Then there are my standard go-to backup aircraft, the Warrior II and the Kodiak.

• Like 1