Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

KSTL by RealWorldScenery?

14 hours ago, Mace said:

Is there a way to disable the flatten?  Like deleting or changing the extension of a scenery file?

The issue is the missing buildings in that area, so it's not really an issue with flattened terrain.  It's that there is a surrounding area with nice landscape textures but no buildings.  So I don't know that it's possible to easily improve that.  But I'm not a scenery expert, so I really can't say for sure...

18 hours ago, maddog7800 said:

Second, there is a decently sized area around the airport where nice ground imagery was used, but with no buildings included.  So there is a "flat" ring around the airport between where airport buildings are included and where the default scenery takes over.  That includes some pretty large and noteworthy buildings in the nearby Boeing complex.

I am not seeing what you are describing.  These open areas are parts of the airport as seen from the area of the intersection of !2R and 6/24 and match what I see in Google Earth. I surveyed the area with the drone and did not find a flat ring.

I certainly find the airport more than acceptable for flying into and out of....

image.png.d868f41d9bd29db71c023544950a07f8.png   image.png.9d41fba142f84b3174f208b3feed0830.png     

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Personally I wasn't really enamored by this scenery. it is okay, but not particularly good. The quality of the buildings is a little on the simple side, I think, and I did find the performance a little bit hard. If you get it on sale it would probably be worth the money if this airport is very important to you.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, maddog7800 said:

The issue is the missing buildings in that area, so it's not really an issue with flattened terrain.  It's that there is a surrounding area with nice landscape textures but no buildings.  So I don't know that it's possible to easily improve that.  But I'm not a scenery expert, so I really can't say for sure...

In FSX there is such a thing as an exclusion area which excluded (autogen) buildings only.  Or it could exclude custom 3D objects like the Boeing plant building. 

I'm wondering if that is what the scenery maker applied there.  I don't even know if MSFS has that sort of thing (exclusion poly for buildings).

I know these things about this airport because I made a KSTL scenery way back when, at a time when the default scenery lacked a RWY 11/29 and didn't have any approach code written for those runways.  It's in the AVSIM Library still, I think.

@Benjamin J I may just purchase it to find out the above.  It is the closest large airport to me unless you count the old Eaker AFB / aka Arkansas International at Blytheville as a "large airport".  I already purchased the "rkbridger" bridge packs for the STL area and also the one for the rest of the lower Mississippi, so, I'm in-for-a-penny-in-for-a-pound, eh?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

There are a couple of runways that require an off road vehicle.  Serious issues that need to be addressed by the developers.  Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any way to reach them.  If you're thinking of purchasing, I would avoid for the time being.  At least until an update is made to address the terrain problems.

The dev has released an update for KSTL:

-V2.0 features completely reworked textures increasing performance 200%
-reworked terminal lighting
-optimized for maximum fps
-Highly detailed accurate model of St. Louis Lambert International Airport for MSFS
-Correct and working AFCAD - 2023 airport layout - functions for all runways for ATC direction for both user aircraft and AI
-PBR textures for both buildings and ground
-full dynamic HDR nighttime lighting
-Ground clutter modeled after the actual photos
-Over 100 custom modeled buildings

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

The dev has released an update for KSTL:

-V2.0 features completely reworked textures increasing performance 200%
-reworked terminal lighting
-optimized for maximum fps
-Highly detailed accurate model of St. Louis Lambert International Airport for MSFS
-Correct and working AFCAD - 2023 airport layout - functions for all runways for ATC direction for both user aircraft and AI
-PBR textures for both buildings and ground
-full dynamic HDR nighttime lighting
-Ground clutter modeled after the actual photos
-Over 100 custom modeled buildings

any new screenshots ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Had held off on this since release due to not so great visuals.  Would like to do some classic TWA ops and of course Lambert is a must for that.  😉  Does the update make it actually worth spending the money?

I actually had to uninstall this scenery because it was the only scenery that was crashing my MSFS - the sim would not even let me exit out to the main menu.  Even on the latest version, the scenery was laggy and stuttery, which is something I do not experience with many of my really heavy sceneries.  As soon as I uninstalled this KSTL, life was good again.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

any new screenshots ? 

I see 53 screenshots on Simmarket. But I feel sorry for 17 $ .)

20 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

I see 53 screenshots on Simmarket. But I feel sorry for 17 $ .)

i didnt realize that was for V2. 

It still looks like word not allowed too me. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 3/19/2023 at 5:16 PM, Little Jenny said:

Had held off on this since release due to not so great visuals.  Would like to do some classic TWA ops and of course Lambert is a must for that.  😉  Does the update make it actually worth spending the money?

Bumping this… anyone?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]