Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ProATC/SR

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

+1 

And the Log file is encrypted.

If you don't mind the almost total lack of support, Pro ATC is a good choice. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you don't mind the almost total lack of support, Pro ATC is a good choice. 

I disagree. I always found their forum really helpful. I rarely needed support, which speaks for itself. 

Edited by gb09f

3 minutes ago, gb09f said:

I disagree. I always found their forum really helpful. I rarely needed support, which speaks for itself. 

I wish you luck....😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

The forum won't help you when ProATC needs an update after MSFS received an update: only real support (from the dev) will. And THAT is the problem here: the dev of ProATC released about one update a year and the rest of the year you were unable to contact him. Yes, the people on the forum are nice and kind and helpful but what's the use if an addon won't work for anyone anymore.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, tup61 said:

The forum won't help you when ProATC needs an update after MSFS received an update: only real support (from the dev) will. And THAT is the problem here: the dev of ProATC released about one update a year and the rest of the year you were unable to contact him. Yes, the people on the forum are nice and kind and helpful but what's the use if an addon won't work for anyone anymore.

True , the only support you get is from people on the forum, and if they can't help you, you are up the creek. 

Oh no , my love and hate relation will continue. 

Hoped, better tools with better support will be developed in time. 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 7/14/2022 at 1:10 PM, michaelth said:

If it works through the VR menu, I am in.

Michael

+ 1

Despite its problems, I still use PATC with P3Dv5.3 with the biggest issue being that on some long haul flights, ATC will instruct to desend to FL230 while still thousands of NM from destination. I produced about 3 log files with the problem and the forum support focused on the voices instead, even in a freshly downloaded and unmodified version installed into a totally separate drive. They never even touched the early decend  problem and at one point told me they "have more important log files to look at" while numerous people were reporting the same issue. To this day, over a year later, it was never properly addressed, acknowledged, nor corrected. This has been my experience with PATC as a whole from the hit or miss development, the lack of updates, and being dismissed as irrelevant by forum support. Really makes me think long and hard about considering to buy this new program. I don't even know if it will work with P3D as I have not done anything more than kill time in FS2020 due to the lack of aircraft I would need to fly for my VA (they check and log the airframe files to ensure you fly an aircraft you say in the flight plan and that you are certified to fly). It will be a while before I'm fully on FS2020, perhaps a year or more.

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

Does this compete with Pilot2ATC? What does it do better/differently?

What is FSHud?

Edited by Virtual-Chris

17 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Does this compete with Pilot2ATC? What does it do better/differently?

What is FSHud?

Look here

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

1 hour ago, TomCYYZ said:

Look here

Thanks. I recently had a thread going about returning to the sim after 18 months and lamenting the fact the default ATC was still horrible. It seemed from that discussion that Pilot2ATC was still the Goto replacement but this actually seems a lot better. I’m a bit surprised no one raised it in that discussion but I’m glad I stumbled upon this. I will likely go for this over P2ATC. 

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thanks. I recently had a thread going about returning to the sim after 18 months and lamenting the fact the default ATC was still horrible. It seemed from that discussion that Pilot2ATC was still the Goto replacement but this actually seems a lot better. I’m a bit surprised no one raised it in that discussion but I’m glad I stumbled upon this. I will likely go for this over P2ATC. 

In my opinion, while better than default ATC, FSHud has some issues around how it injects traffic. It can use bgl traffic files so programs like AIG AIM can be used, but after doing 10 flights with FSHud, I found that 100% of the time on approach, arrival, and at the destination gate there was hardly ever any traffic despite having traffic set to 60/60 in FSHud. The developer states it is because of the amount of time to process the traffic and inject it so aircraft will not just appear at the gates, but rather have to fly in. This was an immersion killer for me especially seeing only 3 other aircraft at KATL and only 5 at KJFK. That would never happen in real life. I have AI traffic for a reason and it is not to NOT see them around.

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

2 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

In my opinion, while better than default ATC, FSHud has some issues around how it injects traffic. It can use bgl traffic files so programs like AIG AIM can be used, but after doing 10 flights with FSHud, I found that 100% of the time on approach, arrival, and at the destination gate there was hardly ever any traffic despite having traffic set to 60/60 in FSHud. The developer states it is because of the amount of time to process the traffic and inject it so aircraft will not just appear at the gates, but rather have to fly in. This was an immersion killer for me especially seeing only 3 other aircraft at KATL and only 5 at KJFK. That would never happen in real life. I have AI traffic for a reason and it is not to NOT see them around.

Thanks...  So if you use AIG to inject AI traffic directly, you get a lot more volume of traffic?  For me, I'm more interested in an immersive environment than having to queue up for final, so I would probably follow your lead on this.  What ATC solution are you using then?