Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ProATC/SR

I always pictured the developer to be sipping on a cocktail in the Bahamas, enjoying the earned money. No love for his product.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thanks. I recently had a thread going about returning to the sim after 18 months and lamenting the fact the default ATC was still horrible. It seemed from that discussion that Pilot2ATC was still the Goto replacement but this actually seems a lot better. I’m a bit surprised no one raised it in that discussion but I’m glad I stumbled upon this. I will likely go for this over P2ATC. 

In my opinion, while better than default ATC, FSHud has some issues around how it injects traffic. It can use bgl traffic files so programs like AIG AIM can be used, but after doing 10 flights with FSHud, I found that 100% of the time on approach, arrival, and at the destination gate there was hardly ever any traffic despite having traffic set to 60/60 in FSHud. The developer states it is because of the amount of time to process the traffic and inject it so aircraft will not just appear at the gates, but rather have to fly in. This was an immersion killer for me especially seeing only 3 other aircraft at KATL and only 5 at KJFK. That would never happen in real life. I have AI traffic for a reason and it is not to NOT see them around.

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

For ATC I use ProATC - I can ignore the bad commands to start descent early and aside from that there really isn't much wrong with the product. It can be updated with current airac cycle and reads add on scenery well. For AI traffic I use AIG AIM OCI with all traffic installed and traffic setting to 75% in P3Dv5.3

Because of the issue listed above with FSHud, I have the product but do not use it until the situation with AI traffic is resolved. Regardless of what traffic add on you use, it takes those files and then makes its own so that it can "control" the AI but the injection is poorly executed thereby leaving everything but the departure airport very empty.

Also, as stated previously, this is all with P3dv5.3 because there is not enough aircraft out for FS2020 yet for me to be able to fly with my VA there. Also, no GSX for FS2020 yet either. There is just too much missing from FS2020 for me to be able to use it fully. When I do use FS2020, it is to do some of the Bush trips so I don't care about AI traffic or GSX or have to worry about doing a perfect flight in a specific aircraft on a specific route for the VA. I'm sure FSHud and FS2020 will both be great in time, but neither are what I need them to be at the moment.

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

2 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

I always pictured the developer to be sipping on a cocktail in the Bahamas, enjoying the earned money. No love for his product.

I heard that the Pro-ATC/X developer had an accident and was very unwell for a long time. People knew this and were still whingeing about lack of progress. 

23 minutes ago, gb09f said:

I heard that the Pro-ATC/X developer had an accident and was very unwell for a long time. People knew this and were still whingeing about lack of progress. 

Don't know about any accident, but I'm speaking about 6-7 years ago, when I made most of the voices.

Hope he's alright now.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

5 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Don't know about any accident, but I'm speaking about 6-7 years ago, when I made most of the voices.

Hope he's alright now.

I didn't hear about any accident either and I view the forums regularly. And @MaVe64 i had (still have) all your voices installed and love them. Sadly, that is all the forum support focused on however - if you had installed the voices they would only focus on that and never the issue at hand that had nothing to do with the voices. They would say to remove the voices, uninstaller and reinstall into a new directory, and then would still ignore the issues and sometimes point out their own voices causing errors! I have accepted the product for what it is now, but all of this interaction with forum support was over a year ago and you can clearly see how their poor support has still left an impression. Just goes to show for the developers, be careful who you put as the face of customer service to your users because it can and will hurt your product for a long time - I'm currently having the same discussion with the developer of A Pilots Life Ch2 and the mods on the discord being astoundingly rude, threatening, and overwhelmingly unhelpful to many users who post there. Back to the topic tho - there was nothing wrong with the voices that MaVe64 made, it was all the voices, even the default ones, and the lack of support (or willingness to even acknowledge that a problem existed) was what left a bad mark on their reputation.

• Like 1

I really liked Proatc in P3D, I have been using P2ATC for the last month and with the beta that imports from simbrief perfecty, i am now enjoying that. Far far better than default ATC.

I was taking off from EGCC runway I think its 23L (forgot if it 23 25 27) and you have to cross the 23R and as your getting close to it, it clears you to cross the runway. Lots of nice things like that.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'll wait for Asobo to enhance/build upon the default ATC. And it is not that bad, I use it all the time. Besides a occasional wrong altitude it follows the Simbrief plan very well. I just ignore the wrong call and soon after they get back to the constraints on my plate.

5 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

I'll wait for Asobo to enhance/build upon the default ATC. And it is not that bad, I use it all the time. Besides a occasional wrong altitude it follows the Simbrief plan very well. I just ignore the wrong call and soon after they get back to the constraints on my plate.

I've been using default ATC too for a long time, also because all other ATC addons were too complicated (to setup and use) and had bad voices, but FSHud comes pretty close to the ease of use of default ATC, at least for me. Two big advantages over default ATC are that FSHud uses the correct transition altitudes and levels all over the world and it can also use hPA instead of inches: I mainly fly in Europe so to me these two little things are worth the money already. 😉 Besides, the terminology is more realistic so... But anyway, although I am very curious to see what ProATC will offer for MSFS I won't buy it until it is clear if the developer has decided to do things differently this time.

• Like 3

<double post>

Edited by tup61

55 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

it clears you to cross the runway

FSHud does that too but it tells you to contact tower in order to cross the runway and then to report back once you've done that. Don't know if that's realistic or not...? But it is a nice extra touch nonetheless. 😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, samisahusky said:

Back to the topic tho - there was nothing wrong with the voices that MaVe64 made, it was all the voices, even the default ones, and the lack of support (or willingness to even acknowledge that a problem existed) was what left a bad mark on their reputation.

I was one of the beta testers for a couple of years, and getting the developer to respond to a problem, was many times, almost impossible. I finally  gave up, uninstalled Pro ATC and moved on to PF3 where the support is excellent. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 7/14/2022 at 7:23 AM, alpha117 said:

Standby for more information over the next few days

Any new information?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

26 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Any new information?

Apparently not LOL which is typical for ProATC... 😬

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Any new information?

Must be difficult to "stand by" for you. 😉