Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Reshade & MSFS

Just now, CFIJose said:

I'll try it out.

Rock on you will like it - same gui in sim but windows based gui before your in sim - very nice for what it is - I'm on steam so no idea how well it works on windows store version 

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Rock on you will like it - same gui in sim but windows based gui before your in sim - very nice for what it is - I'm on steam so no idea how well it works on windows store version 

If it needs to be installed into the main folder, it will not work.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, CFIJose said:

If it needs to be installed into the main folder, it will not work.

Are you on steam version of sim ?

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I'll see if I can get it to work if reshade fails to work with SI 10. It should work with the store version.

Main installer just root to your sim.exe file thats it

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Main installer just root to your sim.exe file thats it

It will not work with my store version. Unless someone hacks it like they did with reshade.

3 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I'll see if I can get it to work if reshade fails to work with SI 10. It should work with the store version.

Be careful make a screenshot of your main sim folder before you load Reshade - to know what you will have to manually uninstall

I made the mistake of not doing so and now I think there may be few extra files that dont belong - this was before I found Gshade - I think its cleaned up well but best to take screenshot first - its a manual uninstall for reshade

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

It will not work with my store version. Unless someone hacks it like they did with reshade.

Why not it should you just need to find the folder - its harder than steam version but should work - its not right protected is it - take ownership of that entire MSFS folder

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Gerwil said:

I have the MS Store version of MSFS and I also could drop the files in the Flight Simulator folder 😊

This makes me wonder, am I the only one for whom the Flightsimulator.exe is no longer encrypted?

It happened when I reïnstalled the sim, MS Store told me to install via the Xbox app, the Xbox app asked me for a folder to install into, and voila: Everything there, unencrypted.

Where your folder located? Just checking to see if mine is different.

12 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Why not it should you just need to find the folder - its harder than steam version but should work - its not right protected is it - take ownership of that entire MSFS folder

Already done that. I'll see if there's some other folder I don't know about.

4 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Already done that. I'll see if there's some other folder I don't know about.

Windows store version:
C:\Users<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Steam version:
steam\steamapps\common

Rich Sennett

8 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Windows store version:
C:\Users<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Steam version:
steam\steamapps\common

Again, it's not going to work because that's not the location of fs.exe. Hence the reshade hack.

This is the location of my FlightSimulator.exe.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

When you try to access the folder, even with permission, nothing can be added to the folder.

I could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Again, it's not going to work because that's not the location of fs.exe. Hence the reshade hack.

This is the location of my FlightSimulator.exe.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

When you try to access the folder, even with permission, nothing can be added to the folder.

I could be wrong.

Well thats not good - glad I trashed windows store version 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

I'd like to say that I wish I would have done this sooner. It makes a huge difference. Reshade still kicks word not allowed. The "finallight" preset is really nice.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I'd like to say that I wish I would have done this sooner. It makes a huge difference. Reshade still kicks word not allowed. The "finallight" preset is really nice.

Thanks for heads up - actually not hard to do it your self also 🙂 

Rich Sennett