Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Reshade & MSFS

12 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I'd like to say that I wish I would have done this sooner. It makes a huge difference. Reshade still kicks word not allowed. The "finallight" preset is really nice.

The reason I went with Steam version was ridiculous security issues on that folder - life's to short

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

27 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Where your folder located? Just checking to see if mine is different.

And also what did I do different that I have unencrypted folders and content. Is it because I installed the digital ownership? So I have three FSim related directories, two in the folder 'FlightSim' which I created because the Xbox app asked me to. And the MSFS folder which was there already from my initial install.

E:\FlightSim\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content (with unencrypted Flightsimulator.exe)

E:\FlightSim\Microsoft Flight Simulator Digital Ownership\Content (some unencrypted files)

E:\MSFS (with official and community folders)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

And also what did I do different that I have unencrypted folders and content. Is it because I installed the digital ownership? So I have three FSim related directories, two in the folder 'FlightSim' which I created because the Xbox app asked me to. And the MSFS folder which was there already from my initial install.

E:\FlightSim\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content (with unencrypted Flightsimulator.exe)

E:\FlightSim\Microsoft Flight Simulator Digital Ownership\Content (some unencrypted files)

E:\MSFS (with official and community folders)

I also have the Microsoft Flight Simulator Digital Ownership with MSFS 2020 official and community folders in drive D. Easy to back up and restore.

I'm still baffled by how you managed to get reshade into the main folder.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks for heads up - actually not hard to do it your self also 🙂 

There are so many effects. It's crazy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CFIJose said:

I also have the Microsoft Flight Simulator Digital Ownership with MSFS 2020 official and community folders in drive D. Easy to back up and restore.

I'm still baffled by how you managed to get reshade into the main folder.

Manually. It  wouldn't let the Reshade installer do this, it's still protected 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

There are so many effects. It's crazy!

Have you tried this program - been using it for years 1 click take ownership of any folder or file 🙂

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/takeownershippro.html

Dont do lots of folders at the same time - especially the entire C drive - take your time with this program and dont stop it until its entirely done as it can look like its not working but it is depends how much stuff is in 1 folder for instance

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Gerwil said:

Manually. It  wouldn't let the Reshade installer do this, it's still protected 🙂

With the hack and add-on linker it's just like if it was in the main folder. We are lucky to have these geniuses creating stuff for msfs. 😀

9 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

NO! Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out.

Your welcome just ask if you have question - again dont do a ton of files at the same time - after you launch bat file - you highlight a folder or file and right mouse click takeownersahip command

The main MSFS that contains the exe is prob the most I would do at once - worth a try I cant because I dumped MSFS Store version

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Your welcome just ask if you have question - again dont do a ton of files at the same time - after you launch bat file - you highlight a folder or file and right mouse click takeownersahip command

Nice utility. You can right click on the folder and choose TakeOwnershipPro.

Thanks brother.

• Like 1

Ive had to resort to all this hack stuff due to the night environment stock is terrible to me anyway

Rich Sennett

Just now, CFIJose said:

Nice utility. You can right click on the folder and choose TakeOwnershipPro.

Thanks brother.

Yup thats it - your welcome - comes in handy for all sorts of files and folders other than simming

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

7 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Yup thats it - your welcome - comes in handy for all sorts of files and folders other than simming

Richard,

Take a look at this:

This is when I did it manually.

take1.jpg

Tried with ap:

take2.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Richard,

Take a look at this:

This is when I did it manually.

take1.jpg

Tried with ap:

take2.jpg

Yup they have it really locked down - I played with those permissions manually and really messed up MSFS - so thats when I bought Steam version - one file in the entire install could cause the issue so I dont have time to mess with it so dumped MS Store version

You could be trying to hunt down the problem file for a long time - I'm all set with that - oh and good luck getting a refund wont happen absolute joke - but at the time I thought it was worth buying sim twice

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Yup they have it really locked down - I played with those permissions manually and really messed up MSFS - so thats when I bought Steam version - one file in the entire install could cause the issue so I dont have time to mess with it so dumped MS Store version

You could be trying to hunt down the problem file for a long time - I'm all set with that - oh and good luck getting a refund wont happen absolute joke - but at the time I thought it was worth buying sim twice

40 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Richard,

Take a look at this

Going to pm you thats not the program I use - sorry about link - thanks 

Rich Sennett