Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Summer Sale seems weak

A lot of stuff is on sale for $1 to $3 off, I mean really?

Ok, there is quite a bit on sale for $5 off, but some of the airports on sale for $5 off were already on sale.

Guess you have to wait until Black Friday or Christmas to get the good sale.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

well, depends on the original price. 3 off from 6 is still 50%

Edited by DAD
  • Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Purchased the AzurPoly Fouga Magister off the marketplace a few minutes ago, solid discount with a USD12 price tag. 

Ouh là là !!!

2Low2Slow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Purchased the AzurPoly Fouga Magister off the marketplace a few minutes ago, solid discount with a USD12 price tag. 

Ouh là là !!!

2Low2Slow

Thats the only one I considered... any good?

I just try as hard as possible to avoid buying ANYTHING from the marketplace.  I know it's not always possible.  But I'm not a fan at all.  It's very bad that one can have the exact same scenery (KDCA for example)  If purchased from orbx then static airplanes can be turned off.  Marketplace, nope.  Just one of the many examples.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Is this sale only on marketplace? Is it still no recommanded buying there?

Otherwise Flytampa Copenhagen is the one I will buy and Gaya Vienna is almost reduced to the half price (since flytampa is not going to release it's version this year). Are there other sources to buy them? Gaya LIRQ is also only for 9,99, which I might consider buying, because it looks high quality.

Edited by 737_800

Personally, I prefer buying in the Marketplace. You won't miss an announcement forever. Sooner or later you're in the content manager and realize there's an update. And then one click does it.

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

They had a lot of airports at 50% off. Many airports seem like they are at bargain prices.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

52 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Personally, I prefer buying in the Marketplace. You won't miss an announcement forever. Sooner or later you're in the content manager and realize there's an update. And then one click does it.

Some huge issues with that approach.  Though they may not bother you.  

1.  Files encrypted.  On its own this isn't bad.  But this means they are blocked from other utilities that may need them.  For basic users probably fine.  But can easily be problematic.  

2.  Slow.  Very slow updates.  So everybody may be talking about the newest update like the V2 heathrow update.  But if you bought from the marketplace you will wait a week or two until you can update.  

3.  I prefer to be able to manage my addons with addon linker.  This may be possible.  But I don't see a way.  

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Apparently one can use addon linker on the folder inside Official. But some of those folders are necessary for the sim to operate and to keep from a ton of updates initiating when booting MSFS. The 'Disable All Addons' button perhaps becoming dangerous. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Thats the only one I considered... any good?

Only managed to find time for a single 30min flight so far. First impressions are positive.

She is a bit like driving an early 60s sports car -- definitely a keeper if you like sexy, noisy, cramped, bare basic and nimble.

And she is a thirsty bird too!!! Keep an eye on that needle 😮 

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Just grabbed it as well.

Yes, the sale is much better on aircraft than it is for most airports.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

Orbx Central does that equally well.  You fire up the Orbx Central app and automatically downloads and installs updates for everything you purchased from their store, regardless of developer of even sim.

13 hours ago, Fielder said:

Apparently one can use addon linker on the folder inside Official. But some of those folders are necessary for the sim to operate and to keep from a ton of updates initiating when booting MSFS. The 'Disable All Addons' button perhaps becoming dangerous. 

I don't use addon linker, but why would someone want to disable all addons? You usufally would disable all those which you don't need. Can you not just leave the airports active that had been bought via market place and deactivate all other that you not need?

16 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Gaya Vienna is almost reduced to the half price

Thanks for the heads up, just purchased this! I've been waiting for ages for the price to drop for this product. It seems 20€ has become my limit for MSFS airport. Patience paid off woohoo.

Edited by Kopteeni