Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

TOGA Simulations MU-2 Marquise v2

Released yesterday late night ( Western Europe time ).

I bought the first version for XP10 and really enjoyed it. Also used for a while in XP11.

It got a bit better when Austin finally fixed the "torque bug" because at first it was a nightmare to control due to it's rather high wing loading and the exagerated torqu effect that plagued XP for quite a few years since mid XP9...

Looking fwd into reviews. I might give it a go when XP12 get's available because I really do not intend to reinstall XP11...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Released yesterday late night ( Western Europe time ).

I bought the first version for XP10 and really enjoyed it. Also used for a while in XP11.

It got a bit better when Austin finally fixed the "torque bug" because at first it was a nightmare to control due to it's rather high wing loading and the exagerated torqu effect that plagued XP for quite a few years since mid XP9...

Looking fwd into reviews. I might give it a go when XP12 get's available because I really do not intend to reinstall XP11...

Uninstaller at work again, lol.

I’m on the fence. That’s all Hotstarts fault. Since I fly that Challenger I stopped plane hording. But I remember I had a very good time with it and XP10. Torque bug? Yes. I opened the MU in Planemaker, changed one engine to counter rotate, edited the trim settings and it was fun to fly. Realistic, no, big fun, yes.

• Like 2

Flying it now, great fun, unforgiving and a lively aircraft.

• Like 2

Torfi

2 hours ago, torfih said:

Flying it now, great fun, unforgiving and a lively aircraft.

Goran has always been a talented developer. I am sure he has made it really true to life, within the limitations imposed by the use of a desktop flight simulator...

A MU-2 like this should be great to have in MFS too !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

wow IS THIS PLANE A handful!! Gonna need more than one check-ride to get me comfortable flying people around. VIDEOD NEEDED!! Can't wait to be able to start this thing without smoking an engine lol! Gonna read, gonna learn!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Goran has always been a talented developer. I am sure he has made it really true to life, within the limitations imposed by the use of a desktop flight simulator...

A MU-2 like this should be great to have in MFS too !!!

Just a correction Jose, this plane was made by Tom Kyler. I don't think Goran was involved at all with this one! 👍

If I'm wrong, please correct me. 

• Like 3

Alexis Mefano

4 hours ago, Alec said:

Just a correction Jose, this plane was made by Tom Kyler. I don't think Goran was involved at all with this one! 👍

I'm thinking you're right. Goran is for sure a top guy though, he does great work!(Hot Start). So far this MU-2 is up there though, I'm having great fun with it. CHALLENGING!

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Yes, I am debating. Received my $20 rebate in the email yesterday. Since they will make it XP12 compatible I will probably make the purchase. It was a rather complicated starting process if I remember right. Will see.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

6 hours ago, Alec said:

You're 100% right Alexis !

My bad :-/  and I knew well it was Kyler, but wrote Goran because his name came to my mind at the time ... ( age... :-) )

How do you find the Mu-2 v2 ?

Main Simulation Rig:

I've been flying it for a day now and it's fantastic. It can be a handful at times and the startup procedure is still a bit confusing to me. It's a plane I always loved to just look at on the ramp. It could really use the GTN750 so hope it gets implemented soon, (although using the GNS530 still gets you to your destination). 

I do have a question for any of you MU-2 experts; I can't figure out how to set or change the VS or IAS in climbing or descending using the autopilot. I've tried the pitch knob but it doesn't seem to do anything. 

Unfortunately not for Linux. I was my first payware plane "back then" (when I was still on Windows). A challenge to fly - not for the fainthearted.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Bought. 😉
Another great plane to fall in love with.
The first patch is coming soon, which should fix most of the mistakes of infancy and add some significant new improvements. I highly recommend.

There's an optional MOD by some "CaptainCrash", who has made a thorough update / fix to various model details:

*UNOFFICIAL* 4 BLADE MU2B Flight Model Modification 7/22 update - General Discussion - X-Pilot

Looks promissing !

I am holding on XP12. My decision to invest in the platform strongly depends on the feedback from Alec, Humpty and a few more reference users. 

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I am holding on XP12. My decision to invest in the platform strongly depends on the feedback from Alec, Humpty and a few more reference users. 

I think it's not necessary to depend on other user's opinions, the usual available demo will give anyone a complete idea of the capabilities of the latest version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

On 7/18/2022 at 5:59 AM, steves53 said:

I do have a question for any of you MU-2 experts; I can't figure out how to set or change the VS or IAS in climbing or descending using the autopilot. I've tried the pitch knob but it doesn't seem to do anything. 

Thats the issue, Every one expects the AP just to do what they expect. Some older ones like this dont work that way. Its older tech. I believe you have to trim the plane   for the IAS you want than push the IAS button and it will try to hold that, but since it has no auto thrtottle you will have to adjust thrust to suit.