Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

TOGA Simulations MU-2 Marquise v2

On 7/17/2022 at 9:59 PM, steves53 said:

I do have a question for any of you MU-2 experts; I can't figure out how to set or change the VS or IAS in climbing or descending using the autopilot. I've tried the pitch knob but it doesn't seem to do anything. 

IAS in MU2 - works as described above: you set a (reasonable) speed and press IAS. The MU2 will climb at the maximum possible VS for the set speed.
VS - pressing VS keeps VS as it was when the button was pressed.
PITCH (Nose Up / Down) knob - manually adjust any angle of descent / climb - ALT mode must be turned off.
If you press the ALTSEL button -  the IAS, VS and PITCH +/- modes, will change the altitude until the set altitude is reached by ALT SEL (in the MU2 version with GNS - it's such a funny knob).
Of course, in any case, the AP must be armed.

11 hours ago, Murmur said:

I think it's not necessary to depend on other user's opinions, the usual available demo will give anyone a complete idea of the capabilities of the latest version.

Will there be a demo ? If so, I am sure I'll be able to evaluate some of the features through it, Hope so..

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Will there be a demo ? If so, I am sure I'll be able to evaluate some of the features through it, Hope so..

MU2 is still being worked on. Priority is any bugs. Some are preferred options like the ghost throttle function, and some changes that will only work in V12. There is a review on you tube by airbus pilot. Who is very happy with it, but talks to much and doesnt complete his check list, forgot to turn on L gen after engine start, than turns off fuel on left engine when landing, wouldnt be so bad if it was a simmer but he is a real pilot and had already done a couple of flight in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe2wq_vZyH0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Oh were you talking about XP12 or the MU2? I was referring to the XP12 demo. I think there will be a demo just like in previous versions.

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

30 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Oh were you talking about XP12 or the MU2? I was referring to the XP12 demo. I think there will be a demo just like in previous versions.

I was referring to the XP12 demo, and yes, X-Plane is usually available in demo mode so I guess it'll be the same this turn around 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 7/28/2022 at 2:24 PM, andreask said:

No RealityXP GTN intergration??? This is a no go!

It's coming. There were delays implementing it so it couldn't be included in the initial releases

On 7/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, mjrhealth said:

Thats the issue, Every one expects the AP just to do what they expect. Some older ones like this dont work that way. Its older tech. I believe you have to trim the plane   for the IAS you want than push the IAS button and it will try to hold that, but since it has no auto thrtottle you will have to adjust thrust to suit.

Yes, I figured that out, thank you. I have to program a few more joystick/throttle buttons so I don’t have to look down at the AP switch so often. I really love this plane!

On 7/18/2022 at 9:58 AM, uwespeed said:

Unfortunately not for Linux. I was my first payware plane "back then" (when I was still on Windows). A challenge to fly - not for the fainthearted.

It used to be available on Linux. After the next major version, Linux support was dropped. That made me very sad at that time: it was my favorite aircraft, and probably still would be if it was available. But now, the landscape is different, many commercial planes are multi-platform, so there always something nice to fly. 😄

This gem has just got better, updated to 2.0.2. The developer is doing a great job. First version of the MU-2 got 14 years of free support and updates, talk about dedication...

• Like 4

Torfi