Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Any truth in this one?

Maybe Phil or other Aces team member can tell us if this is true or not. Are these pics real? I have IGN has a serious site, so i wonder what this is.http://ign.medianewsonline.com/articles/696/135246.html

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Interesting...The concorde on the box appears to say British Airways... I doubt MS could use that for legal reasons... The shot of the Cessna panel looks like a real photograph, just look at the pilot's hands... Regardless, I'm sure that article will make for an interesting debate just at a time when people are becoming sorta comfortable with FSX.-Bryan

Wow, that's unbelievable. Well, almost. I agree, the pilot's hands and the Panel look lifted off a photo. I'm not sure this is a fake though.

LOL, no more FSX addons? Why?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

"won't be on stores before Summer 2008"This could well mean around 2012...

Alvega

Well I will believe it when I see something more solid.IGN is reputable, but they do often report things before they are firm.They did that with Civ4 the other year.For sure the box isn't right. The Concorde is not even flying any more. They will surely not be doing a retro theme with XI and they would put something else on the box for sure.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SteveD

Looks fake. The URL isn't IGN, for a start. Here's IGN's actual PC news page: http://pc.ign.com/index/news.html There is no mention of FS in the June 13 news. Further, the middle 'screenshot' is clearly a photograph, the article is full of typos and grammatical errors, a google search for the MS Game Studios rep quoted in the article, Bill Robings (and permutations like Bill Robins, Bill Robbins etc), turns up no hits and the quotes don't sound like the kind of thing a company rep would say.

Count the spelling mistakes :-lol"The new Microsoft Flight SimulatorMicrosft proundly shows the newest update to a long run franchiseby Daemon HatfieldJune 13, 2007 - Just a few months after the Flight Simulator X release, Microsoft is already working on the next title of the series, entitled "Microsoft Flight Simulator XI""Due to the new graphic elements included with Windows Vista, we noticed that our previous title wasn't taking all advantages from the plataform as we planned. That's why we are entering in this project so soon, rebuilding the entire engine from scratch, based on the new programming concepts provided by DiretcX 10" says Bill Robings, project coordinator from Microsoft Game Studios.Robins also mentioned that an update to DirectX 10 ( DX 10.1 ) will be released at the end of 2007, correcting some minor bugs and including more features like Volumetric Bloom, Pre-processed Parallax Mapping, ShadowLight

>Maybe Phil or other Aces team member can tell us if this is>true or not. Are these pics real? I have IGN has a serious>site, so i wonder what this is.>>http://ign.medianewsonline.com/articles/696/135246.htmlMy guess is that it is true. The full time job of these guys is to produce software for revenue generation... Not a surprise to be working on the core competencuyRegards,Vern

I can assure you that at this time, DX10 and XPack are soaking up all the dev cycles.Sure, FS11 design discussions are happening. But no coding specifically for FS11 has commenced as of yet.The article is a fake, its not really on IGN, and the person quoted doesnt exist in the MS Global Address List in Outlook.