Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Any truth in this one?

Guest tmilton

Great looking pictures, but easy to determine these are phony on examination. Why would ACES bring back the old retired Concorde to grace the cover of the next Flight sim box? And love all those sloppy unprofessional spelling errors! :-xxrotflmao

Guest BOPrey

Regardless. A simulation done with DX10 in mind has no problem to produce those real life like visuals.

From an old post of mine, back in January:-****************************************************>Hi Stoopy;When I said "BIG" - I meant relative to the existing FSX out of the box. I would predict they will produce a patch which will give the simmer more or less equivalent to what they're getting at this moment with a "tweaked" FSX. Microsoft has the capability, and they do respond to their clients. I don't expect that it would include new code for dual-core, because of the code module interdepedencies: even if it is a partial re-write for dual-core - it's not going to make the majority happy. Those that have the "money and power" will be ecstatic, and those without it will be placated in some degree only. The discontent will still continue to fester.Re your last paragraph, I think you're entirely correct. After the patch and into the future - we still have to have headroom for addons; it still has to have "legs" - and here I'm guessing it can only be about a year to 18 months, because I believe the proper solution is most probably a re-write of the complete sim, incorporating the technology benefits derived from their/our experiences with FSX, and their recognition, now - of what makes a good sim, based upon what they've gleaned from these (FS9 and 10) posts here and elsewhere.I will bet money that FSXI is on the horizon at Microsoft, and already may well be the subject of a feasiblity study.pj"****************************************************Fast forward to this thread:-Well so far it's all come true: but just think - (conspiracy theory coming!) - Microsoft marketing is smart enough to really produce this advert themselves, as a very subtle - "arm's length" way of "planting the seed" that 11 is coming, without actually officialy admitting it. Phil has just - for the first time - mentioned that "Sure, FS11 design discussions are happening"... Of course - I wouldn't believe this theory for a second, any more than I would believe there's more than just a cordial relationship between the Bush family and the Saudis. . . . . ;-)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest PARADISE

If that's true, then I'm definitely waiting......No FSX for me. I can wait another year or so to run a correctly designed sim.John M

>If that's true, then I'm definitely waiting......No FSX for>me. I can wait another year or so to run a correctly designed>sim.>>John MLike many, I eagerly awaited FSX being a long-time fan of the series. Use FS9 almost every day! So far from what I see with FSX, based on reports here, I am still happy to wait, and perhaps will until FSXI. I DO NOT wish to have iffy performance on a new machine (I am going with a Penryn based system next, or maybe even a Mac) and not be able to use the great PMDG products I have now AT ACCEPTABLE performance levels. Can't believe I'm sitting this one out. Perhaps when I make a hardware move, sometime after New Years probably, I will reconsider FSX if it then looks like a no brainer. I am also not interested in Vista now, and this deployment of Vista has me definitely considering Mac and Leopard. Never thought I'd say that!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

This is so obviously faked I can't believe anyone fell for it...It's undoubtedly cleverly done, but if you click on any of the links you'll wind up at the REAL IGN site.For example, clicking on the "PC Games" backlink from IGN

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gee, I wonder why this picture looks familiar? :-lol http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1111311/L/Did those clowns who created this "fake IGN News" think no one would ever find the source of their forgery? :-bluegrab

Fr. Bill    

Guest tmilton

>Gee, I wonder why this picture looks familiar? :-lol >>http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1111311/L/>>Did those clowns who created this "fake IGN News" think no one>would ever find the source of their forgery? :-bluegrab Nice find! How did you locate the real source photo? Excellent sleuth work Bill!

I would suggest, that anyone that clicked on that link (and that includes me!) run a virus and spyware scan on your computer. It's these types of sites that lure you in then zap! I'm usually more careful about checking the link IP before opening it up, but didn't this time!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>.............>>Sure, FS11 design discussions are happening. But no coding>specifically for FS11 has commenced as of yet.>>...............So We will have FS11. Good!I feared that you guys may close shop on the account of the constant whining we do here.:(MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Nice find! How did you locate the real source photo? >Excellent sleuth work Bill!To be truthful, someone else found it first......but I had lost the link so I had to find it myself with a search. Knowing that it was there made the search a bit easier, since I "guessed" that setting the filters for Cessna, C172, and Cockpit would get me close... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Fortress

>Why would ACES bring back the old retired>Concorde to grace the cover of the next Flight sim box?...apart from which BA have currently no intention of licensing Microsoft for use of its trademarks.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

Its not true. Date, feautures, box art are all made up.We have already stated Trains2 is due for Holiday '08, so it should be pretty obvious FS11 wont be out in '08.

aww, c'mon, Phil! Give us something to dream about! (or is it whine about?) :-lolTo be truthful, I'm getting so happy with "X" and all the new addons that are begining to show, that I haven't flown FS9 in at least a month, and so for the first time I'm contemplating that it might JUST be disappearing from the hard drive. . . . Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Its not true. Date, feautures, box art are all made up.>>We have already stated Trains2 is due for Holiday '08, so it>should be pretty obvious FS11 wont be out in '08.Which holiday? And will there be a FS11 later?