Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

3 CTDs in one day

Started flying the Fenix A 320 on a flight from KFLL to KTPA and just had my 3rd CTD enroute. Haven't had a CTD in over a year.  Hope this is just temporary. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Started flying the Fenix A 320 on a flight from KFLL to KTPA and just had my 3rd CTD enroute. Haven't had a CTD in over a year.  Hope this is just temporary. 

The same thing happened to me.  I had never had a CTD and all of a sudden every other flight.

I'm not saying this is your problem but with me it was my controller.  I replaced the controller and everything is working fine now.  I guess things wear out.

Roy

2 in a row for me. KBOS to CYYZ and KORD to CYYZ with the Fenix. The crash happens while on descent into CYYZ from FlyTampa, I'm still on MFSF 9, so I don't know what it might be.

Just now, airlinejets said:

2 in a row for me. KBOS to CYYZ and KORD to CYYZ with the Fenix. The crash happens while on descent into CYYZ from FlyTampa, I'm still on MFSF 9, so I don't know what it might be.

I suspect it might have something to do with the servers.  After the three CTDs, one on short final into KTPA, one on approach to KTPA, and one enroute to KTPA. , I moved over to Europe, and did a 600 mile flight into LFPG. with no problems. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I suspect it might have something to do with the servers.  After the three CTDs, one on short final into KTPA, one on approach to KTPA, and one enroute to KTPA. , I moved over to Europe, and did a 600 mile flight into LFPG. with no problems. 

Sounds like you might have found the problem. I had previously done a flight into Madeira and all went well.

I'm having a lot of issues with, 'Not Enough Bandwidth" messages &  suspect it is the ISP throttling as there is a huge Summer influx of holidaymakers nearby, probably using band width.

My Link Speed is around 10% of the Mbps that I should be getting.

Re 'Servers", you mean the connections top right of screen, USA West, Europe North & so on??

T45

Can't really help here but three weeks ago I hadn't flown for over a week and when I started flying again I had a CTD every flight, once during approach, once during loading of the flight, once after a pause... After two days of not being able to finish a flight suddenly it all worked again... without me doing anything about it. Up to this day MSFS works like a dream as it always did.

All I'm trying to say is that somehow MSFS sometimes doesn't like to work properly for no apparent reason...

• Like 1

I don't think that server problems can cause CTD, but correct me if I am wrong.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Re 'Servers", you mean the connections top right of screen, USA West, Europe North & so on??

All those affect is the multiplayer traffic you see. Nothing else.

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

All those affect is the multiplayer traffic you see. Nothing else.

So this means the flying in Europe was CTD free, not connecting to a European server:

"I moved over to Europe, and did a 600 mile flight into LFPG. with no problems. "

T45

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

2 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

So this means the flying in Europe was CTD free, not connecting to a European server:

"I moved over to Europe, and did a 600 mile flight into LFPG. with no problems. "

T45

I am on my 4th flight in Europe, no problems at all. 

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I don't know what the servers could be serving up that would cause a CTD, but it's certainly not impossible.  It'd be especially weird if it was related to a specific area of the world.

What does your event viewer say for the application crash log? 0xc0000005?

6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What does your event viewer say for the application crash log? 0xc0000005?

Yes, the same old, same old that I haven't seen in over a year.