Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Laminar Research will broadcast live XP12 interview today.

13 minutes ago, rka said:

There was recently a thread where IIRC people actually complained a bit along the XP11.6 line. Then janov came along saying that many will be disappointed. Then nicolas came and threatened to close the thread because of (alleged) trolling of course, but I have to say I found it quite noticeable that something like this even happened over there.

And nicolas unbanning you just proves he's desperate 😁

👍😂 The thing with all this controversy is, for my part, that Meyer let XP stagnate and fall so far behind, I'd invested heavily in it only to see it usurped because of his complacency. Am I angry about it? Yes I am.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 4

Ummm ... some of the M$FS f.nbo.s seem to be really bored by their "sim" of choice, if they have too much time and are lurking around in the forum of a simulator which they don't like ... Strange world nowadays ... 🤷‍♂️.

Hard mathematical, physical, ... facts seem to be not valid anymore, ... the so called post-factual ages ...

BTW ... did you know that Earth is actually flat? That's the truth ... "They" claim with complicated physical and mathematical formulas which nobody understands that Earth is actually a globe, but the truth is different .. it's flat!!! EVERYONE can FEEL it from his heart and by looking to the horizon. No complicated formulas needed ...

• Upvote 3

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

16 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

Ummm ... some of the M$FS f.nbo.s seem to be really bored by their "sim" of choice, if they have too much time and are lurking around in the forum of a simulator which they don't like ... Strange world nowadays ... 🤷‍♂️.

I'm not at home and also it's very hot so if I were I wouldn't turn my PC on. But I always enjoy a factual discussion about the absolute dominance of XP 11.55 or 11.6 over the bad M$F$. And flat earth topics of course too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

---

Edited by Dirk.M

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

👍😂 The thing with all this controversy is, for my part, that Meyer let XP stagnate and fall so far behind, I'd invested heavily in it only to see it usurped because of his complacency. Am I angry about it? Yes I am.

Your hobbies make you angry? So you DO still have feelings for XP! But I really do think you should stay with M$. Bang for the buck is way better for those who refuse to get hands dirty in code. The parent company will support it for a very long time and your PMDG purchase now will give you giggles for at least a decade to come.

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I can fully understand why Janov doesnt post, dont blame him, this forum seems to be flooded with angry people. You all have the other one we dont need two identical sims. If the other is so good, i dont know why you are here. @jarmstro Im sure I read that Vulcan was 2 years of development before release, thats not sitting on ones laurels. But please get angry if it makes you feel good, gives me a smile. So why are you not on that other perfect sim???

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

You also have to consider the age of the code base that X-Plane is dealing with.  Can you imagine the millions of lines of old code that still have to be compatible with all the third-party plugins, etc?

Microsoft had the advantage of being able to start greenfield and create an engine that used the bleeding-edge latest technologies.  I still can't believe they are using WASM/JS for gauges/etc.  WASM was in its infancy when the project was started.

Yes, X-Plane can do it, as we can see now with volumetric clouds, correct lighting and GPU trees.  So some stuff did stagnate, just because they got a bit too complacent and have to run to catch up now.

Can they do it well with the existing code base?  I have no idea.

Edited by Gulfstream
  • Upvote 1

I have to say the hating that is spread in this forum by MSFS trolls is both sad (in the sense that I feel sad for them) and amusing.

The funny thing is that most of them were the same people predicting, 2 years ago, the demise of XP.

Not content of their pathetic predictions, they continue to embarass themselves with every new post they write here.

Oh well... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

So why are you not on that other perfect sim???

Because sitting on my hard drive I have 1.5 TB of XP orthos waiting for XP12. In addition I have bought the majority of the OrbX sceneries for XP and countless planes, airports and apps all waiting to be re downloaded because I am hoping some of them will be compatible with XP12. And I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting......

• Like 2

@jarmstro Really, geesh. You need a coffee or two. Have none of that and really Ill be happy like most when it gets here, warts and all, than we shall watch the flame war begin, well it never ended.

Topic closed... has gone off on a tangent again

• Like 3