Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Caribbean Seaplanes for FSX Help Please

Has anyone installed both of the Caribbean Seaplane scenery files in FSX that were here on Avsim (Key West, Mooney Harbor and Fort Jefferson)? I have had great difficulty trying to locate two of the areas (Mooney Harbor and Fort Jefferson). I think I found the Fort Jefferson area but it was underwater. I have sent an e-mail to the author with no reply yet. There is no map provided with the package. The scenery looks really GREAT in the pictures in the download. I'd love to find it and fix the elevation problem. Thanks, Regards, Bob.

Guest JIMJAM

I really like the Key West scenery but the Fort for me is also underwater and some places I think are missing. I love flying in this area and hope there is a fix and look forward to more from them.BTW I have UTX loaded.

Guest JoeW

I had the same thing. Cris sent this in reply: The auto-installer put the jefferson files in you main FSX/Scenery folder move them to FSX/Addon scenery/scenery and over right the libraries.....delete the KMTH....(That's in process)I found two entries in the the FSXscenery folder, one was in "new folder" and the other was in the root of the scenery folder. I copied all to the addon sceneryscenery folder, started with the "contents of "new folder" and then those loose in the scenery folder. This "cured" that problem. Joe W.

Hi. Thanks. What a mess! That's why I hate auto-installers! I really do like to see where the files go. The first file he uploaded installed a folder (Caribbean Sea Planes) in the Addon Scenery folder. There was no Fort Jefferson. I wrote Chris and he said he uploaded the second file that installed Fort Jefferson. I used the auto-installer again and it evidently put the New Folder and dumped four files into the main Scenery folder. In the New Folder I have four files (CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.bgl, CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.xml, CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjectsII.bgl, and CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjectsII.xml). The CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.bgl is about 48.7 Mb.In the Scenery folder I have five loose files (CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.bgl, CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.xml, CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjectsII.bgl, CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjectsII.xml and KMTH.bgl). The CaribbeanSeaPlaneObjects.bgl is about 38 Mb.Are you saying to delete the set of smaller files? Did you install both of Chris's files? Maybe that's why you did not get any overwrite questions when you dumped the loose files into the Addon SceneryScenery folder after putting the files in the New Folder there.Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Guest JoeW

I did just what I said:>The auto-installer put the jefferson files in you main FSX/Scenery folder move them to FSX/Addon scenery/scenery and over right the libraries.....delete the KMTH....(That's in process)I found two entries in the the FSXscenery folder, one was in "new folder" and the other was in the root of the scenery folder. I copied all to the addon sceneryscenery folder, started with the "contents of "new folder" and then those loose in the scenery folder. This "cured" that problem.

Hi Joe. Thanks. I got it installed right now. No more auto-installers for me. From now on I'm installing to a dummy folder and see what is being installed. Then I'll move the files myself. Best regards, Bob.

Hi Joe, Thanks for the tips. I did exactly as you stated and now have Dried Tortugas . . . except for a lighthouse at sea level (no visible base) about a third of mile off south end of scenery. Just looks a bit odd - - no biggy. Also hit a brick wall about 800 ft. over the fort and the flight crashed - - also no biggy, but wonder if you ran into same anomalies.These are fine sceneries and I'm certainly looking forward to more of them.RegardsJackD

HI Jack. I have seen the lone lighthouse at sea and have hit the invisible brick wall above the fort. I was using my Grumman Duck and had crash failure detection turned off. I flew over the fort and noted all kinds of debris coming from my plane. I tried again and the same thing happened. Never have had this occur before with any other scenery. Regards, BOb.