Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

questions about ASX

I have AS6.5 and I've attempted to use that for FSX but it does severalthings that I dont like.There is the flashing sky problem (which only seems to show up whenautomatic updates are allowed) and then there is the problem wherethe sky will look just fine until a weather update occurs at whichtime the clouds will change completely and abruptly.There is also the long standing FS related problem of instant visiblity changes.What I would like to know (from anyone who runs ASX), are these problemstaken care of?Are there any new problems that a person should be aware of with ASX?I look forward to hearing your replies.Thanks in advance.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I think the flashing sky problem is with FSX and not ASX. It was a problem for me with AS6.5 and it still exists with ASX. I have never used the stock weather so I am not sure if the problem exists with that as well but I think it does.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest cueceleches

ASX works very smoothly now with FSX. No more sky flashing, smooth weather transitions,etc...as always with Hifi, top quality product! A must have for FSX.

Thank you both for your responses. I've encountered some of active sky'sshortcomings in the past and I would love a better experience.I will probably end up getting both ASX/ASG and Flight Environment Xand see which I like better.I hate buying two similar programs but I'm hooked on this flight sim 'stuff' (not the word I wanted to use but its a public forum )

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Can anyone let me know whether Active Sky (ASX) has any detrimental effects on FPS etc. in FSX. I had tried the demo of Weather Maker RX, but noticed it increased stutters and reduced fps quite a bit, I think it related to the interface via SimConnect. Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest abulaafia

I have no flashing skies with ASX anymore. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com