Sign in to follow this  
Bumelbee

310, 414 or wait for a2a?

Is there currently an aircraft that exceeds my expectations in terms of flight dynamics?

I can still remember my aha experience when i flew a2a's cessna 172 for the first time. it was awesome and i thought crazy, the thing behaves exactly like the real one... would the 310 or the 441 meet my expectations? Not that I've ever flown either of them or ever will, but I know what real airplanes feel like. Or does it mean what I'm afraid of waiting for a2a?

Can anyone comment on this?

Happy landings Manuel

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

Life is too short to wait. Get them all. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

5 minutes ago, Bumelbee said:

Is there currently an aircraft that exceeds my expectations in terms of flight dynamics?

FlyByWire's A320 might be the one living up to your expectations. And you know what? The price is right....absolutely free. 

Edited by hvw
Typo

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Don’t think you’ll regret getting the 310.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If you’re waiting for A2A your basically waiting for the Comanche. I’m sure it will be great. Whether it will exceed expectations remains to be seen. I only have the 310 I would recommend you try it, it really is one of the best GA around in MSFS. Then so is the 414 I hear. 

The 310 is excellent, easily up there among the old A2A offerings. However, remains to be seen how A2A will leverage MSFS to further improve their work. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

10 minutes ago, Sethos said:

The 310 is excellent, easily up there among the old A2A offerings. However, remains to be seen how A2A will leverage MSFS to further improve their work. 

do you mean in terms of flight dynamics?

The 310 benefitted from a lot of beta testing by real-world 310 pilots. I remember that they were very satisfied shortly before the release, and the main argument was about issues with single-engine performance on the ground during takeoff roll. In other words: flight dynamics is really close to the real thing in all other situations.

I had a real-world flight lesson in a Cessna 172 and got the A2A model for FSX to prepare myself for it. You are right, the model is very close to the real plane. I was amazed that the instructor followed precisely the A2A descriptions even during walk-around. The 310 doesn't include a simulated walk-around, but state-saving and failure model makes it, IMHO, an even better model.

Peter

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bumelbee said:

For me it's as real as it gets. 😀

But, I use a yoke, cirrus pedals, and a TQ6 throttle.

The Milviz c310 is a purchase I'll never regret. It's that good!

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Bumelbee said:

Not that I've ever flown either of them or ever will, but I know what real airplanes feel like.

Do you mean you have not flown just these aircraft, or any aircraft at all?
Because even if you have flown a few aircraft yourself, It seems very difficult to me to determine how accurate a flightmodel is if you haven't flown the actual aicraft yourself for at least a few hours in different circumstances.

As a strict desktop pilot, the C310 feels very realistic but without real-life experience I cannot tell whether it is accurate or not. It is a lot of fun though and it seems to match with a few real-world reports I have read. It is different from most aircraft in the sim and requires more attention on landing than I would have expected. Especially at higher altitude airports it can be a struggle to land in the usual landing configuration. The engines are not powerful enough at these altitudes to keep the aircraft in level flight with full flaps and gear down so I have to land with almost full throttle, making a go around quite interesting.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

my flying experience is reduced to the models C150, C152, C172, PA28, DR400 and DA40. All have their own peculiarities, however I could never get a feeling in the simulator that they behave like in real life. With the exception of the models from a2a... Almost reads as if I'm doing a weave for a2a 😀. Well, I'm going to get the 414 from Flysimware. flysimware's learjet was just awesome...

• Like 2

I have both and both are very nice, the 414 is my favorite of the two because I just think I prefer the cockpit and sexy lines of the real aircraft but both seem like great recreations.

And I love the Comanche is P3Dv5 and will buy it Day 1.

My problem is that even piston twins seem so slow after I’ve been blasting around in a 737....I need to relax and enjoy slow VFR. 🙂

2 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Life is too short to wait. Get them all. 

I agree. Best way to stave off a recession... keep the money moving!

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, Bumelbee said:

The A2A172 was really good, I used to have it in P3D. Others here are also correct, but like most of us, we don’t have RW experience in a 310, whilst if anything some will more likely have experience in the 172. So this is a hard question to answer. In addition of course, FSX/P3D/MSFS all had their limitations in terms of modeling RW aircraft dynamics from an armchair. I’m fairly sure using MSFS for real world training in these aircraft may not be recognised by the CAA/FAA either, so it’s moot point. But for c £40 you just cannot go wrong.

4 hours ago, Bumelbee said:

I can still remember my aha experience when i flew a2a's cessna 172 for the first time. it was awesome and i thought crazy, the thing behaves exactly like the real one... would the 310 or the 441 meet my expectations? Not that I've ever flown either of them or ever will, but I know what real airplanes feel like. Or does it mean what I'm afraid of waiting for a2a?

Can anyone comment on this?

Happy landings Manuel

I owned all the A2A for P3D.. I wouldn't trade my Milviz C 310 for any of them. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS