Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

REX Simulations

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

neil’s suggestion of manually editing the panel.cfg files sounded like it would be worth a try.

It would definitely remove the gauge from all aircraft and stop it being run. There is a 'global' feature in later builds which adds the WX to all aircraft without using each aircraft's panel.cfg, IIRC, and I'm not sure how that's done; you might check your DLL and EXE configs to see if it's being run there (this assume your know where and what those files are, BTW, which I don't really have time to explain here). 

16 hours ago, timest said:

REX has nothing to do with the WX for P3Dv.5 since Milviz took it over. 

In fact, wasn't Milviz always the developer, and REX just the distributor? Certainly all the comms from devs on the product here were from Milviz. But Milviz is more done with P3D than Rex, it would seem. So as a product, WxA is definitely dead and gone. Maybe LM could add an API into v6 that supplies pre-drawn WX bitmaps based on the sim weather, like MSFS is in the process of adding (I'm testing their latest beta release and that is in there, it will allow aircraft designers to add WX capability to simple XML / WASM gauges). 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

REX deserves a compliment for their support in trying to resolve this. Their efforts are very much appreciated.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, neilhewitt said:

WxA is definitely

for what purpose you guys like to use a wx radar...? on which airplane/addon combo has wx an actual detrimental effect on your flight, that you need to avoid TS, or areas of severe icing etc... im asking, im really curious...

On 7/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, dbw1 said:

REX deserves a compliment for their support in trying to resolve this. Their efforts are very much appreciated.

isnt this a payware? whats appreciated, i dont understand... i hope you were joking on paying for it again...

16 hours ago, Chris202 said:

isnt this a payware? whats appreciated, i dont understand... i hope you were joking on paying for it again...

Chris, If you don not understand common courtesy there's not much more anyone can say. Thank you for your display of open mindedness.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, dbw1 said:

Chris, If you don not understand common courtesy there's not much more anyone can say. Thank you for your display of open mindedness.

plz be open minded to think english is not my 1st language. so you meant 'complimnent/appreciated' as a joke? it wasnt clear.

i just bought rex SF 3 weeks ago and its a complete ripoff it simply does not do what it says, weather changes very abrupt, weather itself only loose connection with real time (faa cameras), rain falls from clear sky, lightning without cloud etc

and just all in all after deliberately searching for weather i was nowhere near able to replicate what they show on their videos and screenshots

10 hours ago, Chris202 said:

plz be open minded to think english is not my 1st language. so you meant 'complimnent/appreciated' as a joke? it wasnt clear.

i just bought rex SF 3 weeks ago and its a complete ripoff it simply does not do what it says, weather changes very abrupt, weather itself only loose connection with real time (faa cameras), rain falls from clear sky, lightning without cloud etc

and just all in all after deliberately searching for weather i was nowhere near able to replicate what they show on their videos and screenshots

For me this type of review is important (complimenting support) as those within a developer's support organization change from time to time and quality of support may change.  I really like to know the support is still very good. I also feel it is important to spread the word about those who stand behind their creations.....I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers and something that a young computer literate person may see right away can go right over my head so I tend to rely on support possibly more than someone else..

I was not aware that this is not your first language so for that i am sorry. Man, I have enough challenge with one language, lol, and have admiration for those that can use two or more. Sometimes the context is a challenge to carry from one language to another. Many years ago I was in a working situation, flying rotary,  where there were many different nationalities and languages but English was the common language. Word selection was so important to convey the right meaning and context. It was a learning experience.

Rex is not perfect but it is about the best I have come across and it seems to evolve along with Asobo. In the past some may have had a different experience with Rex support but my recent experience was excellent.

All the best......

I bought REX in December and have installed and uninstalled it twice.

I have a pretty powerful system, RTX 3060 i9-10850K and I have issues with stutters and clouds.

I even put clouds at the lowest setting and still get stutters and massive frame hits when there are large cloud formations.

I currently use Env Tex and Env Shade and am debating getting ASCA instead.

The sky textures with REX are amazing but the cloud hit performance are just too much for me to keep it installed.

I feel like I wasted my money

• Upvote 1

Dan, I've got an I9-9900K, 2080 - 8 gig, 32 gigs ram, M.2 drives and for me it is totally smooth. Had this built approx 3 years ago. Sorry to hear about your stuttering.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:24 PM, Danthepilot77 said:

I bought REX in December and .

I feel like I wasted my money

well you don't just feel like but you indeed wasted your money. it's an absolute joke on this forum that posters are called out left and right but vendors are not questioned.

I've been using this in the last weeks several aircraft on orbx Alaska scenery it is just as bad as in Midwest Europe or Florida.

for example if visibility data is missing from a given metar then it automatically assumes 0SM

over Alaska extremely abrupt weather changes, a thunderstorm over a big glacier that appears from nothing then disappears 10 minutes later into broken clouds. The real Life radar shows no clouds there. 

also when you look back there is no trace of a given weather phenomenon that you have just left.

at 32,000 ft you'll see the a rectangle shaped weather zone below you

best thing it turns out this version is a many times "fixed" version and probably there will be no fix they probably think this product is ready. yet it's on the level of a beta version at best.

The problem with this softwares That's obviously you have a life you can't play all the time and you have to use it for a few weeks for this serious bugs to turn out

@Chris202 , I would recommend and most who use REX recommend turning off their weather engine because it's trash and use Active sky.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.