Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Salty 747 Mod - I'm impressed

I took a break from 737's and A32NX's and had another go at the Salty 747 and flew a full, gate-to-gate flight from Sydney to Singapore, without any issue, CTD or anything. I am actually pleasantly surprised by this mod. It is (dare I say) with a bit of give or take, Payware quality and pretty much is the same standard that a certain other payware 747 got to in the FSX days. And this one is community driven. Pretty good stuff. The FMC (and simbrief integration) is very well done and this alone lifts it out of default class. Not every knob works but who cares I am sure this will flow through eventually. Yep impressed.

• Like 11

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I am on yours, a very well done mod for the Asobo 747-8 from the Salty Team, i am very enthusiastic about this mod..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just don't rotate as fast as you would in a 737 or you will hear the sound they have modelled in for a tail strike 🙂 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Combined with the beautiful 748F model/liveries from fs.to I fly the salty queen regularly on FS Economy and like her too.

Edited by CharlieDont5urf

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

Thank you @flyhalf for your thumbs up !

I really have to give it a go again !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Deserves actually the stable vs experimental version? I tried some weeks ago and I didn´t notice nothing different?

Any hint for the next update and when?

What I liked of the 747 in VR and was a surprise, was the "small" cockpit-windows of the 747s, it is like an sportive car and like you was piloting a much more small aircraft. I am waiting illusioned by the moment to the next update to fly it again, I really enjoyed my cargo flights over the world.

Edited by peloto

You should also try the 787 Heavy Division mod. Simbrief integration works flawlessly there, also. 

Kind of amusing how freeware modders can deliver features that payware companies - with, supposedly dozens of years of experience, 30 different real world captains, etc. - are unable to deliver. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Guess what's coming next, folks...🙄

Okay... A 737?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Alas, I believe they are ceasing all production of the Queen of the Skies... 

Amazingly, we went from a crude wooden flying machine to an aircraft that weighed several hundred thousand pounds in just 60 years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do think the flight model needs some work. It takes off like an F16 and needs some dialling back so you get that long, lumbered take-off roll and gentle lurch into the sky at 10-15 deg rather than 20-25 like the smaller planes. But you end up having to put more pitch in so that the speed doesn't get away from you. Approach and landing though is really nice. I don't believe it has a TO/GA switch modelled either (which I map to my throttle quadrant) although I am still researching this.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

26 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

I do think the flight model needs some work. It takes off like an F16 and needs some dialling back so you get that long, lumbered take-off roll and gentle lurch into the sky at 10-15 deg rather than 20-25 like the smaller planes. But you end up having to put more pitch in so that the speed doesn't get away from you. Approach and landing though is really nice. I don't believe it has a TO/GA switch modelled either (which I map to my throttle quadrant) although I am still researching this.

Depends on GW !  A 748 is REALLY powerful at takeoff thrust...

Haven't tested it since a couple months. Will give it a new go ...

Boeing 747-8F Maximum Performance Departure - EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016 - YouTube

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes you're right I need to interrogate the simbrief output. I think what has happened is that you still need to manually add your fuel via the FS menu (not the FMC) and same would go for the payload I would think - so I have been taking off light because I haven't matched FS to the ZFW in the simbrief flightplan.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

On 7/18/2022 at 1:08 AM, pmplayer said:

I am on yours, a very well done mod for the Asobo 747-8 from the Salty Team, i am very enthusiastic about this mod..

cheers 😉

Yes, absolutely love it. This and the 787 Heavy Mod are the only 2 aircrafts I fly in MSFS 2020. And that is saying something coming from some who used PMDG 747-8 and QW 787 in FSX. The only thing I don't like with the Salty mod is that the airport map in not modeled in the Nav window. The default has it but somehow the Slaty Mod eliminated it. The 787 Heavy Mod kept it.

Cheers.

• Like 1