Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A380X | Sneak Peek

Hi there,

It's been a while, so here's another sneak peek of the A380X - this time showing off the level of detail we've been putting into texturing. The team has also been busy adding animations, testing systems, and developing avionics behind the scenes. We hope to show even more previews in the near future!

A380-1.jpg

A380-2.jpg

Going forward, we plan on showcasing development in the progress channel more often,

and would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to join our discord: https://discord.gg/flybywire

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 55
  • Upvote 3

FlyByWire Simulations

Incredibly realistic already for the eyes, and no doubt, I am sure, the rest will follow! Great job Team FBW and thank you for your dedication to this hobby.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Finally, we will have an A380, we didn't get to enjoy a good A380 in any sim. I guess it came to timing and now I'm sure there will be much more information and data available... I'm glad we will get to enjoy this this beauty in MSFS so it can actually do it justice.

Honestly, I personally believe this should be pushed towards payware, one you guys have proven yourselves with the 320neo and two this can make you some decent coin to put together a team/company to push even higher quality planes in the future, hell I'll even throw some investment into it 🤣 I started my logistics company 8 years ago, its time to take part in a second business to keep the brain going HA!. Maybe its just the inner voice screaming if you're good at something don't do it for free. Nevertheless, all the best and cant wait for this double decker bus. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

personally believe this should be pushed towards payware, one you guys have proven yourselves with the 320neo and two this can make you some decent coin to put together a team/company to push even higher quality planes in the future, hell I'll even throw some investment into it

We appreciate every contribution, both development-wise and financially, but there are no intentions to go down the payware route in the foreseeable future.

However, feel free to check out the FBW OpenCollective here: https://opencollective.com/flybywire

• Like 13

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

It's amazing all the freeware that has come out for MSFS in the last 2 years. IMO, the FBW A320 and AIG are the best freeware add-ons out there, but there are many other high quality freeware add-ons as well.  All in the span of under 2 years.  The freeware community for MSFS is awesome!  A big thanks to FBW and all the other freeware developers out there!

• Like 13

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Thanks for your continued work to all at FBW. I am really looking forward to some long haul in the A380.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Seems like the Fenix standard for textures is now being matched by the FBW team. If Fenix made a 380 this is what it would look like... Next level and zero compromise through and through.

I can't wait for the rest of the thing!

• Like 7

Wow....can't wait for the A380....I really miss doing long hauls, this and the PMDG 777 when it comes will be heaven 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alongside the A32NX, the amount of work, time and dedication that the FBW team is putting into the A380 is astonishing. A big thank you from this flight simmer. 👍

• Like 5

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Amazing... As a fan of long haulers and also regular passenger on this marvel of engineering that is the A380, eagerly awaiting all news and updates on FBW's implementation! This will nicely add to the long-hauler collection coming for MSFS like the iniBuilds A310, PMDG 777, PMDG 747, and others starting in November 2022 and into 2023 and beyond.

@Watsi and team, was curious if you can divulge any info about how and where you've been able to get specs and other details to implement the avionics and other systems in this aircraft? I presume you aim to get (or already have) enough information to progress this aircraft to a medium or high fidelity level over time?

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Amazing... As a fan of long haulers and also regular passenger on this marvel of engineering that is the A380, eagerly awaiting all news and updates on FBW's implementation! This will nicely add to the long-hauler collection coming for MSFS like the iniBuilds A310, PMDG 777, PMDG 747, and others starting in November 2022 and into 2023 and beyond.

@Watsi and team, was curious if you can divulge any info about how and where you've been able to get specs and other details to implement the avionics and other systems in this aircraft? I presume you aim to get (or already have) enough information to progress this aircraft to a medium or high fidelity level over time?

The A380 is an old enough airplane now that data is available if you know where to look.. myself I'm looking forward to the iniBuilds version.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

curious if you can divulge any info about how and where you've been able to get specs and other details to implement the avionics and other systems in this aircraft?

Just like the 320, we have a team of pilots and engineers who work on the 380 in their day-to-day life. Most of them have been associated ever since the project was announced (considering the time available to them during lockdowns and flight cancellations during COVID), and the rest joined in when they heard of the 380 simulation we're developing through pilot forums. In addition, a decent amount of documentation is available through sources undisclosed.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

Maybe in 1-2 years the release? Thanks for all already done and future releases.