Sign in to follow this  
AOB

The Road to Bankruptcy

18 hours ago, charliearon said:

Here's a tiny sample:

Screenshot 2022-07-21 8.40.42 AM.jpg

I'd look cute with one of those.

I prefer this one below though. Only 9,500!!! A bargain!!! I'll have three please. It's Chanel!!! Why buy a car when you can have two bags!!!

https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p/A58600Y01864C3906/large-classic-handbag-grained-calfskin-gold-tone-metal/

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, martin-w said:

The bags though Noel, the bags... have you seen the price? Pretty basic bags but because they have a designers name they cost thousands. 🤔 Its weird the girls fall for it.

Personally, I hold that amateur radio is one of the world's most expensive hobbies. Although I'm nearer the bottom of the totem pole myself, even my modest collection of hardware set me back nearly $40k over the last 40+ years.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, n4gix said:

I hold that amateur radio is one of the world's most expensive hobbies. .... even my modest collection of hardware set me back nearly $40k over the last 40+ years.

what?

I did both, amateur radio AND private flying. you wouldn't have flown very far for only $1k/ per year. actually nowhere, considering the mandatory annual inspection alone costs $1k/year. plus hangar, registration, insurance, and we have not yet paid for a single gallon of fuel. own the plane, leave it in the hangar and just sit in it once in a while while reading the forums, that might be closer to amateur radio expenses. 😊

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

What about Yachting? 😁 Average price of a Yacht is 5.3 million. $4.7 million per year to operate and maintain. 😲 I guess you could rent it out for charters and plough some dosh back.

Edited by martin-w