Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Thoughts on FSHUD?

For a few years now I have been using PATCX for my ATC needs. Recently, this new program surfaced and I’m wanting to know how many here have already made the permanent jump to FSHUD. And if so, are you happy with this program? To my understanding there is no trial period so I’d like some honest feedback. I actually did some snooping in their forums and tbh it didn’t look too promising from what I was reading. But I was only skimming through peoples issues, and not the positive things about the program. So what is everyone’s thoughts? 

5 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I have been using PATCX for my ATC needs.

A completely new version including MSFS202 support has been announced in the internal forum - in the near future!
Quote:

"You have all been waiting, well just a little bit longer. PRO_ATC/SR  is now in Internal testing. Firstly, we have no release time currently but hopefully it should not be very long. This is a NEW version and NOT an update and works also with MSFS2020. There are a lot of improvements and updates the most notable one is now PRO_ATC can be voice controlled ATC.
Standby by for more information over the next few days"

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

I haven't used for some time but I saw that they have now introduced the ability to start/assign FSHUD in a later stage of the flight. This is important for me because I usually save long-distance flights when approaching TOD. Now it should be possible to load a saved flight situation and change date and time if I want (with Active Sky historical weather) before starting FSHUD to guide me to my destination airport. Great if it works. Will test it during the next few days.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I find a little bit laborious to set up a flight plan, even when using Simbrief and even when you respect the method of setting a FP in it! I still don't understand this thing. Furthermore forget VFR flights at this time it's not possible! From my point of view it needs to be more user friendly in this regard.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

9 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

A completely new version including MSFS202 support has been announced in the internal forum - in the near future!
Quote:

"You have all been waiting, well just a little bit longer. PRO_ATC/SR  is now in Internal testing. Firstly, we have no release time currently but hopefully it should not be very long. This is a NEW version and NOT an update and works also with MSFS2020. There are a lot of improvements and updates the most notable one is now PRO_ATC can be voice controlled ATC.
Standby by for more information over the next few days"

regards

ggerolamo

Ahhh I see what they’re doing. They are securing their customers to make sure that they don’t loose any to FSHUD. Which to me is actually pretty smart. If someone is already used to the PATCX user interface, if they just roll out an updated version, why switch? It’s smart actually. Now, the one thing that PATCX lacks is support I will admit, but if this new version is stable and comes with features I want, I’ll stick with it. I wish they would give us a list of improvements and not just say “it’s really good you guys just wait and see”. Because so far, voice recognition isn’t even something I’m interested in and never will be. So if that’s their main focus then it’s already a disappointment. I want to see things like VFR, improvement with separation from other aircraft during all phases of flight, weather delays/ vectoring, etc. 

23 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I find a little bit laborious to set up a flight plan, even when using Simbrief and even when you respect the method of setting a FP in it! I still don't understand this thing. Furthermore forget VFR flights at this time it's not possible! From my point of view it needs to be more user friendly in this regard.

This is the exact same opinion that I have on this program. Also I never saw any AI traffic in my flights even though I have .BGL traffic files from AIG. I asked for a refund. Flight1 was really helpful. I went back to ProATC/X.

On 7/21/2022 at 7:03 PM, Samaritano said:

This is the exact same opinion that I have on this program. Also I never saw any AI traffic in my flights even though I have .BGL traffic files from AIG. I asked for a refund. Flight1 was really helpful. I went back to ProATC/X.

The same from me