Sign in to follow this  
Overload

Keyboard, yoke, throttle, pedals all not working?

Started happening yesterday. All fine to begin with, but after a while everything is unresponsive. The mouse cursor works fine in the cockpit, click spots all work, but holding the right button to scroll around the cockpit doesn't work.

I can use the mouse pointer to move the throttle/props/mixture, but my Saitek throttle, Alpha yoke, keyboard, pedals doesn't work at all. If I go into control options, everything's there, all buttons, and axis's show up fine, but resume the flight, and none of my hardware works.

Happened with the PMDG 737 first, so switched to the Caranado C337, but still the same.

Reboot the sim, and they'll all work fine for a while - then just stop working.

Has to be a reason why everything stops working - but I can't think of one?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Eugene

1 hour ago, Overload said:

I can use the mouse pointer to move the throttle/props/mixture, but my Saitek throttle, Alpha yoke, keyboard, pedals doesn't work at all. If I go into control options, everything's there, all buttons, and axis's show up fine, but resume the flight, and none of my hardware works.

My first thought was some kind of USB problem,  e.g., power or USB going to sleep, but the fact that when this happens and you immediately go to Options as all is working , and then when you go back to fflying all doesn't work again, would seem to eliminate a USB issue. Regardless, I guess you could try different USB ports if necessary.

Next thought is some kind control conflict, meaning some key or button has a dual assignment such that when activated during the flight it shuts your controllers down. So it might be worth checking for a dual button or key assignment. Also, if you have more than one controller plugged in that have axis controls, that is not good since unlike a momentary push button or key, an axis is always active and there will potential for a conflict e.g, you don't want two throttle axes for the same engine active at the same time.  Also a non-momentary button, that is, one that once "on" stays on until you turn if off, could also be a potential source of a conflict.

Last thought is the ubiquitous Community folder conflict. Temporarily emptying the Community folder of everything you don't absolutely need to see what happens might be worth a try. Did you add any third party software lately -- if so that might also be a place to start when looking for conflicts.

Al

Edited by ark

Had the same problem, for me it was indeed a button assignment conflict. Fixed by changing Right Mouse Button binding from Toggle cockpit freelook (Hold) to Toggle cockpit freelook  and Toggle external view freelook (Hold) to Toggle cockpit freelook. 

This sort of thing happened to me right after the beta update yesterday. The sounds would not play. Sounds in other programs (youtube) worked. And oddly, ATC sounds in MSFS worked great both send and receive. But no other sounds, not even the music.

Restarting the sim, cured the problem. But whenever I close the computer system down and then restart the sim the issue comes back and then I have to restart the sim and the problem goes away. And the problem stays away until I reboot the computer and then the first time I start MSFS there is no sound. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, time etc. there is sound as long as I don't shut down the computer.

It's weird to be hearing ATC just fine (Azure) but not the engines or anything else. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks for the input guys, did 2 flights today in the PMDG 737, both worked fine, no glitches. Only thing I did differently from yesterday, is I didn't run an App called RVC (which allows you to program the FMC using an I pad), but I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference, it doesn't have an files in the community folder.

But will press on and hope for the best, if it happens again, emptying the community folder probably the next thing to try. 

Thanks

Eugene