Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Stingray 1964

I was 6 at the end of that year how lucky were we to have Stingray and then Thunderbirds

• Upvote 1

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Oooh!

Thought you guys were talking about this

1964-corvette-stingray-coupe-restomod-ls

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

8 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Oooh!

1964-corvette-stingray-coupe-restomod-ls

bit too dry there for Troy, Phones and Aqua Marina

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

40 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Me too. One of the best ever.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Lol!

"Stand by for action!" and "Anything can happen in the next half hour....."

(That's what she said) 🙃

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Me too. One of the best ever.

Good Lord that is a gorgeous car. Would like the split window with side-pipes and a beefy engine.. 🥰

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, BrianT said:

I was 6 at the end of that year how lucky were we to have Stingray and then Thunderbirds

Oh yes, Thunderbirds was superb. And Captan Scarlet of course.

• Like 1

"We are the Mysterons. We have the power to make an exact likeness of an object or person but first we must destroy"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Oh yes, Thunderbirds was superb.

I was one of only 3 or 4 people (apparently) who liked the live action movie. I thought it struck a good balance between serious and camp.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Lol!

"Stand by for action!" and "Anything can happen in the next half hour....."

(That's what she said) 🙃

Was she right? 🙂

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 minute ago, W2DR said:

Was she right? 🙂

All "she's" are always right! (Its a law...) 😉

• Like 1

Devons rig

9 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Oooh!

I had a 1966 Stingray from 1979-1985. That was fun. I was a little kid when they came out & would always stop what I was doing and stare in awe whenever one would drive by. It was cool to actually have the car you admired as a kid.  63-67  Corvettes were the best looking.

• Like 3

Petrol heads are hijacking my topic. 🤔

😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I bought one new way back in 1957. Red and white with both tops. 283, fuel-injected, four speed, 130+ mph, and a real girl-getter. I paid just a little over USD 3,000 back then. Today a good one is worth somewhere around USD 120-130,000. Sadly I had to sell it in 1966 when my wife and I were trying to scrape together enough money for a down payment on our first house. Here's the exact same car...sigh...

Doug

• Like 3