Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

FSRealstic 2.0 pro - worth it?

Just wondering if any here use this program with dialed down settings and if it makes immersion that much better?

Cheers

Doug

• Upvote 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Some of the things are annoying such as breathing and the fact that a lot of cloud profiles have things turned on that don't make sense. Such as windscreen noise. Yeah, there's the hiss from the windshield, but its a steady level in jets instead of the varying levels it has. So, I turn that one off or down. The ground effect sounds to me are pointless in jets because I never hear it real world. Again, you can turn it off. But, you will have to build and adjust your own profile and you are set. Sound things such as breathing is just funny. I never breath heavy enough to have my view rising and falling in the jet. If so, something is wrong. Some of the sounds can drown out native aircraft sounds, so there's that. But I like it because I used it in xplane.

• Upvote 1

Definitely improves the immersion from my perspective but I think head movements, especially in VR, effect each person differently.

Your best bet is to try it out for yourself, since there is a seven day trial. You can install and experiment with it and then decide if it's worth paying for.

One bit of advice: VR head movements tweaking is listed as "a known issue" and is likely to be improved in a near-term update. You may want to wait for those improvements before starting the trial.

• Upvote 1

I use the same profile for most planes with the stuff that conflicts with VR(breathing, head movements) turned off.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The Fact that my passengers clap after my landings make this program Awesome !!!!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys - great advice as always... having never flown a real airliner i really have no idea of what is "realistic" and what isn't, so very helpful indeed!

I might try the trial version and see if its the go....

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

9 hours ago, vonduck said:

Just wondering if any here use this program with dialed down settings and if it makes immersion that much better?

Cheers

Doug

Exactly that, Doug.

For VR, I turn down (most of them significantly) the Movement sliders on all effects and some of them, such as breathing, off.  On the other hand, I leave most of the sounds as default.

My hope that I have it about right for me was confirmed on a recent flight when, in making a tweak mid flight, I inadvertently hit the cross on the FSRealistic popup rather than the minimising dash and closed FSRealistic altogether.  I was surprised just how much the feeling of immersion was reduced...

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Well, I tried the free trial and can say first impressions are good.... i downloaded a profile for the Fenix A320 which is what i fly the most... had to turn a few things off...one bizarre up and down (not breathing as had that off) motion like being in waves on the sea... almost vomit inducing for me! LOL

I tried another profile which is far more user friendly... i think ill keep the program and buy it after the 7 days all going well

So far so good! Will try some GA soon...

• Like 1

Doug