Sign in to follow this  
Guest s0436

Tip to make the A321 default flyable

Guest s0436

In default mode, it is un-flyable, landings are pretty much impossible...The tip from other users is to turn off the 4 flt cntrl tabs in the over-head panel, in the right hand corner. Now it is a smooth ride.

>In default mode, it is un-flyable, landings are pretty much>impossible...The tip from other users is to turn off the 4 flt>cntrl tabs in the over-head panel, in the right hand corner. >Now it is a smooth ride.Nah, you can land it with those flight control computers ON.It's just not easy. But you know, I have started turning them off, too.And yes, it is anathema to me to do that, but I think the ECAM effect was not that great with the default A321, at least with the limitations I have (I am a keyboard pilot). Maybe with a yoke it would be ok.The A321 is my preferred default FSX aircraft and I have a lot of landings on it with all SEC/ECAM computers ON. But I will say with them off the a/c is very predictable and flies better for the keyboard pilot I am.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest s0436

I also prefer the A321 over the B738, the details on the 2d cockpit are better and there is more external eye candy too. Turning off the flight ctrl tabs is the best of both worlds between the 737 and 321.

Now if only the autobrake would work in the FSX Default Airbus panel, it would really be flyable.Microsoft missed the boat on this one.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Hi folks, Is there any way to regain control of the heading without turning off the autopilot? On most of the default FSX aircraft, turing the heading control on and off with the autopilot on lets me manually turn with the ailerons. But not apparently with the default A321.Is there something I'm missing?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

There really is nothing you can do to make a silk purse from a sows ear!This aircraft has a roll rate comparable with an F-16.............Yeah, I don't think so????I have read when FS2004 was made that, Aces studied the flight dynamics of each and evry default aircraft to replicate their individual behaviour?Now I am not an aircraft expert but, I seem to have a better idea on how an aircraft should handle but, it seems that they just shoved out this release for the 'gamers'.That is an insult to all that no different IMHO. Thank goodness for software add-ons from people that agree with me.Mods., please do not delete this post, it is just my opinion and that is surely what a forum is for? It is not intended as a flame.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest RonB49

Dave, if in fact this is not a flame, then this entire section ...:"I have read when FS2004 was made that, Aces studied the flight dynamics of each and evry default aircraft to replicate their individual behaviour?Now I am not an aircraft expert but, I seem to have a better idea on how an aircraft should handle but, it seems that they just shoved out this release for the 'gamers'.That is an insult to all that no different IMHO."... should have been left out. Your message is clear without it and everyone knows that the ACES Studio designed the default aircraft.R-

Guest PPSFA

A friend of mine is a real life Scarebus pilot, who flew Boeings for years. The first thing he did in training was turn off the breakers for the computers and flipped the instructors out !!! Said it flys just like a Boeing then :-) , of course he had to actually learn to use them, but he knew if they went to #### he could always hand fly the plane. The instructors told him it was impossible, he proved them wrong."If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!"

Okay Ron, your probably right I did go a little over the top.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Is there any way to regain control of the>heading without turning off the autopilot? On most of the>default FSX aircraft, turing the heading control on and off>with the autopilot on lets me manually turn with the ailerons.>But not apparently with the default A321.Hey Noel,not 100% sure what you mean, but hitting CTRL+V might fix your problem. Anyways, in most if not all other default aircraft engaging the A/P will sort of take roll control away from you (check C172). It engages the wing leveler (CTRL+V) by default. Not sure about the airbus but might also be the cause. In the Boeing for example there is also a default pitch mode (pitch hold). If you take off in the B738, pull your nose up to 15 degrees of pitch and just press Z without any altitude mode selected. It should try to maintain your 15 degs.Regarding the FBW landings with the bus, I don't quite get that. Ok I do understand the approach might be harder than usual because MS's representation of the FBW is kinda sluggish, but anyways, the FBW sort of disengages at exactly one hundred feet radar height, so during that very last phase you should always have your F16 feeling.Everything written above comes straight from memory so feel free to shoot if it's BS. But right now I am firing up the sim to validate. *:-*Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-waveEDITOk. Regarding the Airbus, I lied. It wouldn't cure your problem. Must be something in the FBW rather than the wing leveler. You might also want to check the aircraft.cfg under the AUTOPILOT section, there might be different entries for ..._default_modes etc. Regarding the Boeing it seems to be correct. Pitch hold seems to do its job, and the wing leveler is also on by default and can be switched off by pressing CTRL+V.