Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

South America mesh from ORBX

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I looked at the comparison shots but there is little difference - you mention the coastlines are better, but anything else?

The difference regarding hills and mountains is not really big (look at the comparison Screenshots in the OrbX-forum), but if you know a region very well, you will see the difference. All the structures look a little bit "sharper". 

• Like 1

Honestly for the price you can't go wrong...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I'm getting partially wrong texture tiles around the Titicaca Lake. They show up and disappear again depending on distance. Anyone else seeing this? I doubt that it's caused by ORBX Mesh, could be some Bing issues too.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You know in the movie Jaws, when Roy Scheider says, "we're gonna need a bigger boat"?

Well I think I'm gonna need a bigger SSD next time I build.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Good news. The Tepuis now appear as something like themselves (rather than rounded hilltops). These are the huge table-top mesas that populate the southeastern part of Venezuela. (As in “UP”, the Disney animated story.) These grand blocks of sandstone appear to rise abruptly from the jungle floor – often 1,000-3,000 feet above the surface. The “worlds in the air” often contain ecosystems separated from the local environment and host endemic species waiting to be discovered.

The largest tepui, Auyantepui, is the source of Angel Falls. Jimmie Angel, the American adventurer and pilot, “discovered” the falls by airplane in the 1933. Four years later, he crash-landed on the boggy surface of Auyantepui while on a prospecting mission ... and walked out through the rough terrain 11 days later.

Roraima, the tallest, is at the junction of Venezuela, Brazil and Guyana. Due to its remote location, it was not explored (by Westerners) until the late 19th century. The cold wet climate on the top has produced a fascinating ecosystem. Nowadays, the relatively easy climb on the south side means that Roraima has become popular destination for adventurers attracted by the 3-5 day ascent and promise of an unworldly experience at the top (there is a monthly quota of 200 people).

Edited by MM
Spelling correction
  • Like 8

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

10 hours ago, fmloyola said:

Any conflict with SBRJ by Paulo Ricardo?

Yes, there seems to be some issue with the Christ and Rio Sul Heliport floating above the building. So far that’s the only weirdness I’ve seen. Maybe a quick fix. But I don’t see him fixing anything after release, the airport glass in SBRJ shines through the fog and there’s no fix for that so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good to know. Thanks MM.     

Edited by Beagle12
Update text

ORBX Mesh causes low resolution texture issues around Titicaca Lake (close to SLCC). If I disable it everything is fine.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, pilot-br said:

the airport glass in SBRJ shines through the fog

I think thats a sim-wide “feature”?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think thats a sim-wide “feature”?

Yes but knowing it’s there people can opt to use different materials cause it ruins the IFR approaches

14 hours ago, MM said:

Good news. The Tupuis now appear as something like themselves (rather than rounded hilltops). These are the huge table-top mesas that populate the southeastern part of Venezuela. (As in “UP”, the Disney animated story.) These grand blocks of sandstone appear to rise abruptly from the jungle floor – often 1,000-3,000 feet above the surface. The “worlds in the air” often contain ecosystems separated from the local environment and host endemic species waiting to be discovered.

The largest tupui, Auyantepui, is the source of Angel Falls. Jimmie Angel, the American adventurer and pilot, “discovered” the falls by airplane in the 1933. Four years later, he crash-landed on the boggy surface of Auyantepui while on a prospecting mission ... and walked out through the rough terrain 11 days later.

Roraima, the tallest, is at the junction of Venezuela, Brazil and Guyana. Due to its remote location, it was not explored (by Westerners) until the late 19th century. The cold wet climate on the top has produced a fascinating ecosystem. Nowadays, the relatively easy climb on the south side means that Roraima has become popular destination for adventurers attracted by the 3-5 day ascent and promise of an unworldly experience at the top (there is a monthly quota of 200 people).

How do you find the falls in msfs? There are no pois around that area.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

15 hours ago, MM said:

Good news. The Tupuis now appear as something like themselves (rather than rounded hilltops). These are the huge table-top mesas that populate the southeastern part of Venezuela. (As in “UP”, the Disney animated story.) These grand blocks of sandstone appear to rise abruptly from the jungle floor – often 1,000-3,000 feet above the surface. The “worlds in the air” often contain ecosystems separated from the local environment and host endemic species waiting to be discovered.

The largest tupui, Auyantepui, is the source of Angel Falls. Jimmie Angel, the American adventurer and pilot, “discovered” the falls by airplane in the 1933. Four years later, he crash-landed on the boggy surface of Auyantepui while on a prospecting mission ... and walked out through the rough terrain 11 days later.

Tepui - not Tupui

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.