Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

This guy needs to write the next gen flight simulator

>As to the video: Just hook up your camcorder or any recording>device to S-Video out on a capable graphic board and you'll>have no fps impact whatsoever.Actually I agree with you, the point I was trying to make was that a jerky/stuttery video output IMHO cannot be made smooth during or post recording/production as was asserted above. But as I said before, i'm no expert...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest BOPrey

Simple. Record you flight. Then during screen capture on play back, slow down the simulation to 1/4 or 1/8. Edit you movie and set the play speed to 4 or 8 times in the editor.

No actually you can smooth out a video that has low FPS. In addition to the procedure mentioned above, FRAPS No-Sync option will smooth out the video portion of a movie. The sound though may not match, but since many creators substitute other sounds like music, that wouldn't matter much!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>>That is an X-Plane model in the "animation" running IN>>X-Plane.>>I'm not that familiar with X-Plane, and had no idea this sim>looked like this. It's amazing. It must have been a higher-end>computer to deliver such fluidly smooth frame rates.Hi,just to make things clear to everyone, the animation shown on that link does _NOT_ come from X-Plane.From what I understand, it's not an in-sim video, but a professional 3d animation made by the mentioned Benjamin Schweighart.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>just to make things clear to everyone, the animation shown on>that link does _NOT_ come from X-Plane.>>From what I understand, it's not an in-sim video, but a>professional 3d animation made by the mentioned Benjamin>Schweighart.You are correct. I was wrong in "assuming" that since there is an X-Plane model available that they would have used X-Plane for the animation.Benjamin's website makes it (almost) clear that this was a CAD animation:http://www.4dartist.com/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tmilton

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe one day in a future Flight Simulator version we'll be able to do in what we saw in that video, fly, land, and then drive through a nicely rendered residential community to our house and then park our aircraft-car in our garage.Hmmm..., let's see, now what button on the keyboard could I assign to the automatic garage door opener? :(

Guest Ratsalad

Actually the landing and up until the guy leaves the airport IS X-plane... the CAD animation is the guy comming home and pulling into the garage. X-Plane runs off Open GL not Direct X, so it is a VERY smooth Flight sim.

>Actually the landing and up until the guy leaves the airport>IS X-plane... the CAD animation is the guy comming home and>pulling into the garage. No, it is not, although the graphics are very similar.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

OGL vs DX hs nothing to do with smoothness, lets stop perpetuating that myth.

>OGL vs DX hs nothing to do with smoothness, lets stop>perpetuating that myth.There more myths floating around here :-lolAndr

André

>It depends on what you fly. Yes, generally most GA aircrafts>seem to be overly sensitive. Heavy metals are much better, and>there are very good gliders, as well.>It's true in regards to heavy metals & gliders. I guess I prefer the GA stuff too much! :D Afterall, the detail of the global scenery's topography mesh looks it's best at lower altitudes!L.Adamson

>Welcome to X-Plane and, yes, that simulator is already>available for (now) $49 including global photoscenery (60GB)>at x-plane.com.>X-Plane nauseates me after about five minutes. Generally, the animation is fluid and smooth. Yet the flight models behave as though they're in a near vacuum, with little sense of airflow against the flight surfaces. The program truly lacks in the sensation of mass, buoyancy, and dampening.I'll take FSX and the RealAir SF260 any day, over X-Plane!L.Adamson ---- FS9,FSX,X-Plane 8.60 with global scenery

I'm almost positive this animation is pre-rendered. I don't believe this artist who did this (who is not the person inventing this plane/car by the way) would write a real time 3D engine, he's probably using one of the many commercial ray-tracing animation programs etc to do this. I'll be willing the bet the sky is a static image too, not real volumetric clouds.And yeah - DX vs. OGL - cmon, Doom 3 never ran well at all for me and it's OGL. Almost every game now is DX and I have plenty that run smoothly - play some games other than flight sims and you'll see.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest The Wizard of Oz

What I like about it and always thought would be good to see in FS are two small but still nice effects:1. The way the prop recoils after it shuts down - yes real aircraft props do this. In FS they just stop dead.2. The feeling of weight and suspension - this could also be improved in FSWOZ