Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Aerosoft CRJ current thoughts

Junk. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Wow a lot of hate. It has a lot of room for improvement but it is at the very least flyable. In P3D before the msfs release I would say it was not in a flyable state at all.

There are some bugs and compared to all the aircraft releases since May, it’s a step back for sure. If you’re comparing it to the Maddog or BAE146 you will be disappointed. I would say it was competent against the WT CJ4 but to be honest, the WT nav tracking is superior.

If you’re dying to fly a regional jet, it’s basically your only option though.

Some of the bugs people mentioned in here though, I have never seen happen.

I think it’s flyable, obviously not the best quality but it does the job decently. I seem to be having issues with the TCAS though where the distance of the traffic is showing incorrectly. Other than that, it’s been fairly enjoyable for me. 

5 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Please don't buy the CRJ, aircraft is lacking and support is laughable with a bad attitude. If you need something smaller look into the Honda Jet for around 25$ on the MP, or WT CJ4 which will cost you nothing. If they don't appeal to you just stick to the 146 and the MD82 for the moment.

Yep - I agree with this.  Just have a look over at the Twin Otter support forums.  Not sure who the bloke that runs the joint thinks he is, but his childish, one word answers to issues is craziness.

Jase

• Like 3

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

3 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

That's the one!  What an ego!

...and super-cringe tone-deafness; I'd read their forums if it weren't for that single-point-of-failure. 😕

6 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Wow a lot of hate.  

Earned over the years...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Flies OK for me personally, but what would I know I am a VFR GA person through and through, I generally hand fly everything and do not even bother with AP  😄

The biggest issue with a lot of devs is they cannot afford support people.

I have worked in support and you get paid to be polite even when the customer is just wrong, or doing silly stuff or being entitled or abusive,  your job is to be patient and charming throughout.

Regardless of industry, most Devs make dreadful support people. Once someone upsets them tend to get angry and take their bat and  ball and go home.  Most Devs should never be allowed near customers or support they do not have the social skills for it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Regardless of industry, most Devs make dreadful support people. Once someone upsets them tend to get angry and take their bat and  ball and go home.  Most Devs should never be allowed near customers or support they do not have the social skills for it.

Yes, this. I mean you don't need to be the god of customer support like Aamir, but how about 1/10th of Aamir? That'd be enough to not constantly alienate your customers.
And I'm not even talking about the product quality here...

• Like 1

I fail to understand why folks continue to give Aersoft money for their addon planes. 

Some of the sceneries they distribute are nice - Paderborn airport is quite good, and it's freeware. 

But aircraft? Nope. 

Aerosoft is mostly fine until you need support. Then they never fail to give you the impression of being an obsolete, annoying and especially stupid customer. If not themselves, for sure the yaysayers in the forums will. 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

yaysayers in the forums

Oh yes. Even more those downvoting your requests. I really don’t like this denunciation system of anonymous voting and sometimes believe that even AS staff downvotes me as soon as I raise a critical question or comment. But since it is anonymous…

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The first and last Aerosoft aircraft I will buy. The duplicating waypoints in the FMS has been there since day 0. Overall I think clunky is the best way to describe using it.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS