Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

P3D asking me to enable Orbx sceneries every time I start P3

I bought a few Orbx sceneries and now P3D is asking me to enable the sceneries every time I start P3D. I bought ENTO, Pilot Plus Bristol, MKStudio Donegal, and Split Croatia. The install went fine, scenery is working good in the sim. Is this happening with anyone else? I have other Orbx products and P3D doesn't ask me to enable the other ORBX stuff I have all the time.

• Like 1

When this problem was reported before, the user was not running P3D with Administrator enabled.

If you are already doing this, the 2nd thing I would try is to select the Sync Siuulator option in Orbx Central.

Hope that helps.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I already have full administrator permission. And I tried your suggestion of the Sync Simulator option in Orbx, but that didn't work. I still have to enable the sceneries every time I start P3D.

The administrator permission in question is not yours but that of Prepar3D.exe.

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

The administrator permission in question is not yours but that of Prepar3D.exe.

The P3D.exe (and my computer in general) already has full administrator permission.

What I don't get is that only recent purchases (the last 3 purchases) are asking me to enable every time. None of the Orbx stuff I have bought in the past asks me. Maybe it has something to do with Orbx central itself?

Edited by Joseph29

Have  you tried  using the option  verify files  in the options

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Have  you tried  using the option  verify files  in the options

That kind of worked. The Orbx scenery for Split Croatia and ENTO do not ask me to enable the scenery anymore, but MKStudios Donegal and Pilot Plus Bristol still ask to enable the scenery.

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

The P3D.exe (and my computer in general) already has full administrator permission.

Like this though?

2.jpg

Just checking.

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Like this though?

2.jpg

Just checking.

Yes, like that.

@Joseph29Why not download the excellent 'Lorby Addon Organiser' and see if any anomalies show up ?

Even if none do, just save setup before you exit the Lorby prg. and see if that resolves you problem.

May take two restarts of P3D.

Download here:-

Lorby addonorganizer_1_56_b11

Edited by Sparkrite

I just wanted say thank you for the help and suggestions guys. I contacted Orbx and they will be helping me out now.

You should never ever ever run a game or its addons with administrator privileges. I'm amazed that people still give this terrible advice after all these years. You have no idea what you're doing so stop it right now.

If the issue is because of a filesystem permission error, fix the broken file ACL. If the game or addon requires administrator privileges by design, stop using it right now and ask the lazy and terrible developer for a refund until its fixed.

Please don't reply with the usual myths that administrator privileges gives better performance or any other common flightsim misconception.

12 hours ago, Multisim said:

You should never ever ever run a game or its addons with administrator privileges. I'm amazed that people still give this terrible advice after all these years. You have no idea what you're doing so stop it right now.

If the issue is because of a filesystem permission error, fix the broken file ACL. If the game or addon requires administrator privileges by design, stop using it right now and ask the lazy and terrible developer for a refund until its fixed.

Please don't reply with the usual myths that administrator privileges gives better performance or any other common flightsim misconception.

Not sure where you are coming from but I have been running P3D with administrator privileges for years without any issues..........

13 hours ago, Multisim said:

This statement by Multisim is completely FALSE.

While I do agree that running with Administrator privileges has nothing to do with performance benefits, it has everything to do with avoiding the clutches of UAC, which in Windows 10 is more aggressive than in previous versions (I can't speak for Win 11, since I don't run that). Installing outside the default path will go a long way to help there, but still!

I agree completely with Nocturnal, I have been running P3D, FSX and other applications with Administrative privileges for years and have never had problems with that.

Jorgen

Edited by jorgensandersen
  • Like 2

It’s interesting that Multisim said not to run with admin privileges but never explained why. I suggest he explains or desists.

He has a history of stirring things up in this forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather