Sign in to follow this  
737_800

What will the Fenix update improve?

Hey,

is there a list or comment on Fenix A320 what they will update with the next patch? I have made a small list with stuff that I wish to be improved, but since its been on the market for a while I guess, many of my points are already on Fenix lists. So, before writing an email, I would like to check here, if any of my points would be worth writing an email.

Fenix A320:
Chrono on clock is running after cold & dark
Will there be a working printer like FBW?
Where is the stick note?
Loading aircraft radios on 122.800 standardly?
Door lock/unlock functionallity + Cabin Camera?
Engine Start up sounds weak and sounds
Cockpit lighting need some work according to my perception
Autosave feature
PWS not working
Option to take notes on EFB for the briefing to do fuel checks
Option to change EFB logo from fenix to airline logo / changing background image
Oxygen Test (should go off by itself) (source CAPT A320 2:30)
EFB: Depature Page -> "stop margin" missing in case of RTO
Mag Wind at APPR Page pre choosen
simbrief profile not working - to less fuel consumption
More intense engine startup sounds in cockpit / cabin
APU Start Up Sounds Cockpit?
LTFM 35R DEP CALC: 2/UP0.0 CDU= 2/DN0.0 (generally it often puts out Flaps 2 T/O on long runways)
flaps up/down too fast?
Self-Test in progess for Display after turn light on/off
receiving ATIS for DEP and ARR (some airports provide ATIS_ARR and ATIS_DEP, I haven't found out a way to select which is needed in the EFB)?
boarding time to long
turning on/off cabin light automatically after passing certain altitude
Fenix App popup at startup is annoying
Cabin Door Switch does nothing
loading Fuel and Pax seperately
Final laodshet always ZFW +0,1 off
waypoints on navigation display are a bit to small

storing flightplan not always possible (DATA->Pilots Routes)

I don't know if this is a Airbus thing, but there is no warning for a >30degress bank

• Like 1

Wow, I have about 200+ flights on the Fenix, and I couldn't make a list of more than a few  items that bother me about this great aircraft..   🤥

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, 737_800 said:

Hey,

I have made a small list with stuff that I wish to be improved,

You call that a small list lol. If you want to know what's coming in their next update go to their discord and look under announcements and there is a post on whats coming in the next update. I sure it wont be a working printer though. Ha Ha

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

You call that a small list lol. If you want to know what's coming in their next update go to their discord and look und announcements and there is a post on whats coming in the next update. I sure it wont be a working printer though. Ha Ha

I guess no video screens in the seatbacks either....😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Most of that stuff almost certainly isn't going to be in the first major patch, if ever. The announcement Aamir posted in discord a couple weeks ago makes it pretty clear what they're working on.

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wow, I have about 200+ flights on the Fenix, and I couldn't make a list of more than a few  items that bother me about this great aircraft..   🤥

The Fenix 320 is extremely good if it's your first "study level" Airbus and have nothing else to compare it to. 

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Most of that stuff almost certainly isn't going to be in the first major patch, if ever. The announcement Aamir posted in discord a couple weeks ago makes it pretty clear what they're working on.

The Fenix 320 is extremely good if it's your first "study level" Airbus and have nothing else to compare it to. 

I have had the PMDG 737's , The Level D  767, the majestic Q 400, Fenix tops all of them. 

• Like 2

There you go 737-800 🙂 This is what I gathered off Fenix Discord in case you do not have access. From the Man Himself, Aamir on Jul. 7th :

1. VNAV vertical pathing math has been completely ripped out and replaced with a much more accurate set of algorithms - this was a hefty undertaking in the short space of time that it has been done in, but it has produced some fairly good initial results. The first run of this has entered some light testing, feedback has come through, and we are now on a “revision” cycle with this.

2. On the flight modeling side, we have rewritten the flap lift/drag area to provide better and more realistic results when decelerating the aircraft. Once again, this was a fair amount of work - and all areas of the flap lift/drag were reviewed and worked upon to improve the representation.

3. Rotation and immediate post-rotation behavior was reviewed and adjusted - this is also in a “revision” cycle, awaiting further testing.

4. Engine thrust has been reviewed and adjusted in conjunction with the analysis on post-rotation behavior to find better SRS pitch targets.

5. We’ve overhauled large swathes of the soundscape following feedback from the customer base.

6. There have been a number of visual bug fixes.

7. VR improvements (Dave got a headset and won't stop talking about it)

8. 50+ system bug fixes, crash fixes, error fixes. We are also working on more substantial product updates such as the external engine model and optimisations to our display tech that will not arrive in the next patch owing to the amount of work required, but will be making its way to you as soon as the respective items are complete and tested properly.

---

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

APU Start Up Sounds Cockpit?

flaps up/down too fast?

Most of what you're asking for is valid but we don't need 'APU startup sounds in the Cockpit'... 😝

That's a simmer/gamer request and has no place in something doing it's best to represent the real bird.  You can't hear the APU which sits in the back on the aircraft in the cockpit.👎

As far as the flaps this needs to be cross referenced with the real aircraft and not what we think it should be. 😐

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Sure if you don't mind about details you don't have to put up a list if you're happy with it. However, some features certainly don't work (which is fine, as long as they come with a update).

The FBW has a printer, and it's handy. Having a camera installed on the cockpit door and showing that on the ECAM and having functionality on the Cockpit Door Switch would increase immersion (FBW shows at least a light on/off). Of course this things are not the most important but as I said, it would increase immersion.

I don't use discord, could someone send that comment here?

• Upvote 1

Just now, 737_800 said:

Sure if you don't mind about details you don't have to put up a list if you're happy with it. However, some features certainly don't work (which is fine, as long as they come with a update).

The FBW has a printer, and it's handy. Having a camera installed on the cockpit door and showing that on the ECAM and having functionality on the Cockpit Door Switch would increase immersion (FBW shows at least a light on/off). Of course this things are not the most important but as I said, it would increase immersion.

I don't use discord, could someone send that comment here?

Sounds like you would be happier with the Fly by Wire. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had the PMDG 737's , The Level D  767, the majestic Q 400, Fenix tops all of them. 

Actually, to me FBW's A320neo tops Fenix's offering if nothing more than the EFB (Simbrief integration, etc.) and sound set.  Fenix has along way to go in the sound department for their bird.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Actually, to me FBW's A320neo tops Fenix's offering if nothing more than the EFB (Simbrief integration, etc.) and sound set.  Fenix has along way to go in the sound department for their bird.

What's wrong with the Fenix EFB and SImbrief. I use it on every flight, works perfectly. As far as the sound, from the post of Fenix fixes above.  "5. We’ve overhauled large swathes of the soundscape following feedback from the customer base."

Edited by Bobsk8

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I'm talking about other Airbus products for comparison.

Edited by Chapstick

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

The only Airbus I have had , was in P3D, an Aerosoft aircraft, which I quickly put in my recycle bin. 

Just now, Chapstick said:

So who FS Labs, Tolis, Flight Factor? Lets remember Fenix has only been out for 2 months with ongoing improvements in the future.