Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

How would I reduce visibility range in FSX?

Hi,I would like to know if I can achieve a more hazy look by reducing the visibility distance such as we could do with FS9 by adjusting the settings for MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=48240Does anyone know of a line that I can edit or add in the FSX.cfg to do this? If you look at the screenshot you will see what I mean.mf_135.jpgThanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

This is a weather setting: when you make custom weather you can set visibility: a setting of 32 km or maybe one notch less will give you the effect you see on the screenshot. Most people expect this to be an option in the graphics display tab, but it's not...

>Hi,>>Use a weather program such as ASX!>>JimCome on, Jim, that's not necessary. A smiley (maybe) would have made your post acceptable, but the fact that what Rob wants can be done with FSX out of the box, makes your post a bit sneaky: trying to make him pay a massive 45 bucks for your OWN software, while what he wants can be done FOR FREE with a few clicks in FSX itself... No, there are limits to promoting your stuff imho. Bad move.

Guest tmilton

I second that agreement. This sort of maneuver reminds me of the sneaky car salesman trying to sell to customers extra options that aren't required and which they really don't need.

For those that want smilies::-):)x( :-( :( ;-) ;) :( :D }( ;( :( :9 :* :+ :7 :-wave :-shy :-roll :-erks :-mad :-lol :-jumpy :-eek :-hmmm :-cool :-hah :-halo :-aol :-bla x:)~ :-bat :-fume :-grr :-bang :-hang :-kewl :-samurai :~P *:-* :-8 :-sword :-luke (-: x:-) :-violin :-wedge :-roller :-scatter :-newbie :-outta :-doh :-zhelp :-beerchug :-bigangel :-bluegrab :-boom :-grnmd :-laugh1 :-newburn :-rotor :-sae :-smile12 :-smooch :-spacecraft :-spam1 :-sun1 :-term :-ufo2 :-ukliam :-vuur :-walksmile :-wink2 :-xxrotflmao :-yellow1 @-@Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

You can add the same line to the weather section of FSX in the FSX cfg file :-)MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=26210Cheers,Andr

André

Thanks for your help guys. Jim, what do you think I would do without ASX? I have had ActiveSky installed on a few versions of FS and would not even think of doing without it. ASX and XGraphics makes the sim look fantastic!Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Rob,Thanks so much for that!!!!Use the visibility sliders in ASX the same way you would have entered values in ASv6. Just like before though, you may need to restart things to reset the weather engine and the sim engine.Wonder if I need any smilies? Yep, just one::( Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest weeniemcween

I don't think what Jim said is exceedingly promotional, especially considering what the norm has become on these and other forums (cough), certainly from activesky's specific competition. Jim did say "*such* as ASX". Perhaps he should have said one can get the hazy effect out of the box with fsx, but with ASX one gets more, a whole lot more, IMO. Whatever, I like them, they are down to earth. So is Scenerytech. Maybe it's just the saturday night drink talking for Jim, and we've all been there...

Guest weeniemcween

Hey man, who am I to judge if you like a little swig with your sandwich? :(

Guest JSPuonti

>You can add the same line to the weather section of FSX in>the FSX cfg file :-)>MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=26210I wish it was that simple - on my computer that setting doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried values between 0 and 500000 and taken screenshots of all the options I've tried, but there is absolutely no difference in visibility between them. In the test situation I used I could still see the same faraway mountains I was using as a visual aid.Maybe it only works in conjunction with some other setting I'm not aware of?

Guest 3ra_Luke

>Hi Rob,>>Thanks so much for that!!!!>>Use the visibility sliders in ASX the same way you would have>entered values in ASv6. Just like before though, you may need>to restart things to reset the weather engine and the sim>engine.Jim, could you tell us what are the values you recommend, closer to real world? I put my ASX visibility sliders this way: 5-35-65What do you think? Tnx!