Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-600 could be out by next week (800 maybe in August)

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Since when does Simbrief provide charts? 

Since they got bought out by Navigraph? 🙂

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Since they got bought out by Navigraph? 🙂

The charts are not part of Simbrief, they are supplied by Navigraph. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Won't be touching it until they get their EFB sorted.  PMDG ain't Gucci anymore.

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

1 hour ago, VBHB said:

Won't be touching it until they get their EFB sorted.  PMDG ain't Gucci anymore.

they in the position where they can release any old tosh and people will buy it, and whats even more sad is people will think theyve got a good deal.  Look at the garbage captainsim have put out for example.  

Then the same old people will come on here and tell you its the best thing ever, when you push something to the mass market, hype it enough,this is what happens, and people are lapping it up.  They will make a killing no matter what they put out. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I would love PMDG to release the -600 with the updated LNAV, and then tell everyone that they need to purchase the -600 to get the LNAV updates for all of the other versions. Sales of popcorn would go through the roof if that happened :laugh:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would love PMDG to release the -600 with the updated LNAV, and then tell everyone that they need to purchase the -600 to get the LNAV updates for all of the other versions. Sales of popcorn would go through the roof if that happened :laugh:

I would think the popcorn sales are already fairly high, no?

I get this guilty pleasure whenever there's a new PMDG thread here at AVSIM, because invariably something is stirred up that creates a slugfest of different opinions. 

Personally I've been a bit indifferent to the PMDG acitivites since release, as I rarely use the -700 nowadays. Before release though, I was quite hyped.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I'd like them to of done the 800 first, then the 700 and 600, but that would of probably lost them 1000s of sales. 

You can't begrudge a developer making money if the developer is any good, but they way they do it by sneaky putting out the 700 and 600 first is in my opinion sneaky as hell. 

Even if they brought out a flying dustbin people would buy it, because some 18 year old twitch streamer told them to, that's how foolish this community is. 

How people can't see through pmdgs sales technique is beyond me. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I'd like them to of done the 800 first, then the 700 and 600, but that would of probably lost them 1000s of sales. 

You can't begrudge a developer making money if the developer is any good, but they way they do it by sneaky putting out the 700 and 600 first is in my opinion sneaky as hell. 

Even if they brought out a flying dustbin people would buy it, because some 18 year old twitch streamer told them to, that's how foolish this community is. 

How people can't see through pmdgs sales technique is beyond me. 

It is what is, amigo. We can not change anything about it anymore. Luckely we have other great aircraft we can fly til the -800 releases. Would be bad if there were no alternatives, but so far we have.

18 hours ago, MrNuke said:

We've been siming for decades without it though and many real world operators don't use it either. Do I want the EFB? Yes. Do I need it? No. I can run de-rated takeoffs via topcat just as I did for the PMDG 737's going back to FSX...

I don't really get people's obsession with them, a simple google search or an Excel spreadsheet can be used to achieve the same thing.

There are countless human factors studies available on the subject of EFB dependence. I guess nothing rings more true on this threat than in flight sim as it seems many people are forceably grounding themselves on safety grounds due to the lack of one... 😁

Edited by G MIDY
  • Like 6

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

1) Low-rez textures
2) Cabin not part of the interior model
3) No EFB
4) No "direct-call" simbrief integration

--> will any of these be fixed in the near future?......Somehow I doubt it......

• Like 3

well, there is an update out by now for the -700, downloaded and loaded one time, all fine so far, just a quick touch and go at LFZB. no time for more

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 minutes ago, Kyuss said:

What was "sneaky" about putting out the 700 and 600 first?

I have to say that I also do not quite understand this argument that arises from time to time on these forums. The only way I can make sense of it is if it is arguing that PMDG consciously put the 700 and 600 variants out first knowing that people could not control their impulses, would not be capable of exercising basic patience, and would buy one or both of the smaller variants while waiting for the 800, which is the only variant that people really want. If this is the argument, it is a pretty weak one, based both on an assumption that people really only want the 800 and that people are not capable of being patient for a few months. 

• Like 4

Dan Scott

I might just stick with the 700. I'm pretty happy with it.

The missing EFB is the only thing that really bothers me at the moment. Should have been in the initial release. Good thing I have a 2nd monitor and a tablet to run the performance calculations on. At least I can work around it by having the Simbrief OFP and Navigraph charts on the 2nd monitor.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

If PMDG were to offer deep discounts on other 737 variants it would really ruin the immersion factor as Boeing doesn't do that IRL. To be honest, I would have to put the 737-700 in the hanger if PMDG did that as the entire sense realism would be lost.

Edited by rjquick

"If PMDG were to offer deep discounts on other 737 variants it would really ruin the immersion factor as Boeing doesn't do that IRL. To be honest, I would have to put the 737-700 in the hanger if PMDG did that as the entire sense realism would be lost."

^^^^^ Huh?

Edited by jbdbow1970