Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Virtual Cockpit View Angle Help?

Guest qualar

Guys thanks for all this info what an excellent community. Regarding the trackIR i'm definatlely going to look into seriously. My only thought is will i look a bit strange sitting there at the PC with a cap on.

Guest qualar

Actually I just looked at the site and see they have a Pro Clip would people here recommend getting that?

O yes, definitely go for the Track Clip Pro! There is a very positive review on avsim about that thing alone! It works better than the older system with stickers and so on. I got it and have it on my headphone, which I use anyway. It's cost you extra but it's better, more precise and surely worth it. Should have said so from the start! Beware though, when you actually buy it all, that the Track IR software defaults to the older vector system: it took me a while to figure that out (for half an hour I thought the Track IR was crap and a waste of money...!), but as soon as I changed the software to actually use the Track Clip Pro things were perfect right away and have been ever since. (I use the default Flight preset for ALL my Track IR uses: you can alter and change every setting you want, but to me this default Flight preset is just perfect).Also (yes, I know, I'm jumping ahead of things ;) ) be sure to place the Track IR device on the left of the monitor when you buy the Track CLip Pro, so it will be straight ahead (how do you say that in English?) of the Clip Pro. The 'manual' will tell you to put the Track IR on the middle of the monitor, but that's also only so if you use the old vector system!

Guest qualar

J van E where do you live?Also it's strange on TrackIR site. Because i used a $30 link so that the trackir drops from $179 to $149. But if i go for the proclip bundle at $199 it negates the $30 off deal.

I live in the Netherlands. How come?I think you are better off when you don't buy the bundle but the Track IR (with the 30,- deal) and the Track Clip Pro as a seperate product!

Guest qualar

Although I am English. I also live in the Nederlands in Maastricht. Did you order your TrackIR from the US or from a local vendor?

Guest qualar

I cannot figure out these onfig files no matter what I change it does seem to make any difference. All i want to do is set it so it looks down but cant figure out which setting alters this.

Guest qualar

Ok i got a bit of a work around by adding this to the aircraft config[CameraDefinition.004]Title = "Phils Virtual Cockpit"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0, 0.04, -0.1InitialPbh=10, 0, 0However, i cannot seem to change the deafult Virtual Cockpit settings.

>Just started to get into FSX and so far enjoying it. I tend>to play on my laptop when away so I am using an Xbox 360>controller for portability reasons.>>Here's my question:>>I like playing in Virtual Cockpit mode and the xbox 360>controller assigns one of its joysticks to control that view>which is fine. When i move the joystick around it does its>job and when i let go of the stick it resets to its default>position looking forward.>>However, I find the default position a bit high. I would>like default view to look down a bit so i see less sky but>more of the guages. I know i can use zoom to see more>controls bit this makes things a lot smaller. It is just a>pain having to keep constant forward pressure on my joystick>so I can see the important gauges.>>>Thanks in advance>>PhilI'm one of the oldest users of TrackIR (since v1) and I'm still looking for a solution to have the DEFAULT (0-centered) position in TrackIR' UI a little SLANTED down towards the panel in FS 3D view. Possible? Any ideas? Good question, Phil. Thanks.

>>Thank you very much. I am suspecting that I cannot do it>>globlly I must alter each Aircraft.>>Correct.Jan,If this camera positions views can be pre-set as we had in active camera, can you PLEASE give me a full "instructions for dummy" like myself on how to exactly do it? I have tried to follow your detail instructions, but lost my way somehow. I'm looking for something like for example hiting a combination key like "control + 7" and taking me to a real world "like" position view of programming the FMC for the PMDG 747 in the VC or something similar in setting up the overhead switches in the LVD 767. ThnxGus

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>J van E where do you live?>>Also it's strange on TrackIR site. Because i used a $30 link>so that the trackir drops from $179 to $149. But if i go for>the proclip bundle at $199 it negates the $30 off deal.You can only use one discount at a time........