Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Gaya Vienna worst performance ever!

I have just bought the GAYA Vienna scenery from the market place and get the worst performance ever. I use a i9-10850k and RTX 3090 card and get 17-20 fps.

Don't even want to imagen what happens when I fly in while there is a vatsim event loaded with traffic...

Disappointent...since it has been release for 2 years I don't think they even plan an patch on the performance...

As was Kos, Edinburgh, Tegel.

you guys all keep buying,supporting developers that bash out untested stuff to this new huge untapped audience that ms2020 has brought, dont be surprised when you get burned.

as mentioned, this is not Gayasim's or Orbx's first rodeo

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 6

14ppkc-6.png

You could try to get a refund. I was refunded on two products I didn't like.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5,20

I used to purchase so much ORBX stuff when the quality went in before the name went on. Now with ORBX still expanding, the name goes on before the quality is finished. The reality of big business and just how influential the Marketplace can be promoting products that are at opposite ends of the quality spectrum. As fluffyflops states the ever expanding untapped audience that MSFS attracts will keep the quality checks at a very low level as the revenues skyrocket!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Even for the Avsim forum membership, the leap from

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

I have just bought the GAYA Vienna scenery from the market place

to 

10 minutes ago, Doering said:

I used to purchase so much ORBX stuff

is impressive.

Well done.

Or is it added to the wrong topic?

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

I have just bought the GAYA Vienna scenery from the market place and get the worst performance ever. I use a i9-10850k and RTX 3090 card and get 17-20 fps.

Don't even want to imagen what happens when I fly in while there is a vatsim event loaded with traffic...

Disappointent...since it has been release for 2 years I don't think they even plan an patch on the performance...

but there must be something wrong. I am using it regularly and have a 12900k with a 3080ti but i am always in the 40 fps range - settings everything on ultra

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

@Reader I only mentioned this because GAYA is one of several dozen partners associated with ORBX where you can purchase directly. Hopefully the OP gets sorted out.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

8 minutes ago, Doering said:

@Reader I only mentioned this because GAYA is one of several dozen partners associated with ORBX where you can purchase directly. Hopefully the OP gets sorted out.

Orbx Direct has become an online retailer of other developers' products, as well as of their own.
In the context of the "Marketplace", ie the in-game purchasing medium, as stated clearly by the OP, they are completely unconnected.
For the record, I also do not experience diminished frame rates at this airport either.

Hmm, if you experience different frame rates, maybe I need to check my line. Weird, but at least good to hear that this is not the normal state of this addon.

Exactly! 9700K, RTX3070, 32GB RAM - no performance problems with Gaya's LOWW. 

• Like 1

FPS set to unlimited for test.

Flight-Simulator-bn-CEYX0fkg.png

Flight-Simulator-FHg-Jzriji-Z.png

BTW thats full ultra. LOD 200.

O yer I got burned! 🙂

😉

Am glad about this post, thank you, it gave be a new wallpaper.

Flight-Simulator-Rc-FKUSW2h-B.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, Nyxx said:

FPS set to unlimited for test.

BTW thats full ultra. LOD 200.

O yer I got burned! 🙂

😉

Am glad about this post, thank you, it gave be a new wallpaper.

no VC shots dave? at night? 

Ill have to introduce to that guy who used to cap his sim ay 10fps to take screenshots 🙂 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted images removed.

14ppkc-6.png

I will let the screenshot do the talking. 

Flight-Simulator-rvt-HYPf-Zd6.png

and a night time one

Flight-Simulator-1p7fck5c6z.png

Ill have to introduce to conspiracys . com 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, Biermuskel said:

but there must be something wrong. I am using it regularly and have a 12900k with a 3080ti but i am always in the 40 fps range - settings everything on ultra

What is your Terrain Level of Detail setting?

Did some testing.

It depends strongly on the Terrain Level of Detail. When setting it to 200 I get 36-42fps, at 400 it drops to 20-28fps. 

I wish Asobo could try to fix performance at 400. Actually it works really good, but if they could adjust it a bit, would be really nice.