Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Chase Plane type program for MSFS?

Is there any decent 3rd party camera program out yet? Still find the native camera support to be entirely lacking from an ease-of-use perspective. 

• Upvote 1

Same here, need to have a six year degree to utilize it.  Its too complicated and not easy to use.  The whole sim world is waiting for Chase plane and other great addons from P3d to be ported over.

Gnacino

Never going to happen. MS/Asobo have decided that the camera system will be locked down and inaccessible to third party devs.

The Camera API needs to be opened up to make this possible. I suggest voting on this MSFS thread: Fix / Support Camera API in SimConnect - Community Support / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums if you haven't already and maybe they will do something about it.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

camera sdk was partially opened up I guess. that's why FSrealistic pro was able to make use of some of those camera effects.. 

3rd party apps like chaseplane can give us tower view and fly-by views which are not natively available..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

10 hours ago, avi8tir said:

Is there any decent 3rd party camera program out yet? Still find the native camera support to be entirely lacking from an ease-of-use perspective. 

this works  just like  chase  plane

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I was a Chaseplane user and I can say that there are only 2 features that I don't have in MFS that I used in Chaseplane.

Automated cinematic views.

Camera movement effects (bumps, breathing whatever it was).

Although I cannot say I have been missing those features much so I probably would not end up purchasing a MFS version of Chaseplane.

• Like 3

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

When we made the EZdok camera for FSX and P3D, we could change the assignments of the simulator keys. How to implement this in MSFS without conflicts when using the keyboard, I do not see a solution. Therefore, even if the SDK provides access to full camera management, I cannot imagine the functionality of the camera management similar to what we saw in P3D/FSX.

Another thing is the camera effects, I looked at how it was done in FSRealistic and it's not bad. But in my opinion, there is a lack of a realistic DHM (Dynamic Head Movement) implementation.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I think Jorg said that they didn't complety reject updating the camera system, but it didn't sound like that this was a priority for them. Maybe they might improve it in the future.

13 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Never going to happen. MS/Asobo have decided that the camera system will be locked down and inaccessible to third party devs.

Did they ever explain the reason why?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did they ever explain the reason why?

Not far as I can remember. Maybe we need to emphazise the need of it a bit more?

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

Not far as I can remember. Maybe we need to emphazise the need of it a bit more?

If they planned to bring out their own utility I could understand it. But two years on and they haven’t. It’s a bizarre decision. I rely on ChasePlane so much in P3D I couldn’t contemplate any other system.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What exactly are the problems with the default camera system? Just curious as I haven't had any needs beyond the basics that the default system provides - it lets me move the camera around and save the position as a custom view with a keyboard shortcut, and then I can just switch between the custom views I have saved. I don't use it for anything else than a few close-up cockpit views of various instruments, and I haven't had any issues with that.  

• Like 4

Default camera system is not bad actually, is just about getting used to. Even if ChasePlane or something similar released in MSFS, I don't see myself using it since I am used to the default system. Though I understand if you are coming from P3D and been using ChasePlane for years 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

13 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Nobody said that. That was the weather API NOT the Camera API.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super