Sign in to follow this  
Lange_666

Finding actual runway heading

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find the actual runway heading in FSX when dialling in an ILS approach (As opposed to the RWY designator). Previously I used to use FSNav to find the actual runway heading to set the ILS approach up with. Is there somewhere in the default FSX install where I can find the info?With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Get the approach plate for the runway/airport. ITs fairly easy for the US. Not sure about Australia.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest RonB49

You can use the map view under the World menu. Click on the destination airport and it will list all of the runways, specify which have ILS, and the exact dirction of the localizer. R-

Guest s0436

Yeah, it is much more accurate than just pressing the auto localiser button, it always drifts off a bit and never the exact runway position. I would suggest switching to the heading of the approach runway 15nm from the airport so you have a nice, smooth approach but you are within close enough proximity of the ILS vector.

>You can use the map view under the World menu. Click on the>destination airport and it will list all of the runways,>specify which have ILS, and the exact dirction of the>localizer.If you don't want to do this in flight, you can do the same while in the flightplanner before your flight. Once the flightplan has been generated, click on the destination airport, zoom it in and then click on one of the runways. A new screen will open, select the airport and you'll get a complete list of all airport frequency's, runways, ILS (if any) and if they have an ILS, you'll also get the correct heading. This can then be printed and you have everything you need at hand while landing.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR