Hey guys I have just recently upgraded my gpu from a 1080ti to 3080ti msi suprim x 

my issue is that it’s slightly bigger than the 1080ti and it’s a snug fit into my haf x 942 case which is a great case.

any ideas on what case I should get ?

i don’t care for RGB lights 

more fans thou. And that the card is seated where it is more supported like slotted top down. ? 

looking to spend 200$ Australian 

Thanks 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

4 hours ago, mikeymike said:

any ideas on what case I should get ?

I prefer Coolermaster. They focus on getting efficient airflow for cooling.   Check out there lineup.  The model I use, the Coolermaster Mastercase Pro H500M. is with my system specs in my message footer below.  Mine does have RGB lighting, but I have disabled it.  You might see if they have a similar model without the RGB as it adds a lot of wiring that is unnecessary without the lights.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

You may want to check out the following (he hasn't updated for 2022 yet) -- 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks guys!  that fractal 2 looks nice.

what case will work with the gpu being seated down horizontally instead of it up the back on mobo? I feel like there’s a lot of weight being held up like that.

thanks 

mike

I just ordered all my parts for a new build as I am a bit overdue!  I ordered the Corsair 4000x RGB plus an extra 120mm fan for the rear.  It comes with 3 120mm fans so I will mount 3 in the front for intake plus the extra fan for rear exhaust.  My AIO cooler will mount on the top with 2 exhaust fans.  I don't yet have it but will this weekend so cannot give impressions of it but that was the one I went with after a bit of research.  The 4000D would be the version without the RGB lighting.  I also got the 3080ti as you did for this build.  This will be my first PC build since my 486 machine in 1993...😄.  I have always ordered them built but decided to be adventurous this time! 

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

what case will work with the gpu being seated down horizontally instead of it up the back on mobo? I feel like there’s a lot of weight being held up like that.

Are you talking about mounting the GPU vertically?  I saw that on one of the build videos I watched and he ended up switching it back.  I don't think the weight is an issue as you also mount it to the back side of the case.  TBH...I never knew that could even be done...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Are you talking about mounting the GPU vertically?  I saw that on one of the build videos I watched and he ended up switching it back.  I don't think the weight is an issue as you also mount it to the back side of the case.  TBH...I never knew that could even be done...

No not vertically. Placing it like the slotted ram.

Im

Tossing  up between a Lian li dynamic xl

or Corsair icue 7000x rgb < used for 200$

in great shape.

I have a Phanteks Evolv X and absolutely love it. Cooling is perfectly adequate and its gorgeous. 

I bought the icue 5000X for my latest build and I love it!

You can see parts of it when I detailed my build here back in Feb:  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just built a new PC in a Corsair 4000D Airflow. Love this thing and it is very reasonably priced

hV69okE.jpg

suDFjJs.jpg

nk5RAXz.jpg

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 8/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, RJC68 said:

I just built a new PC in a Corsair 4000D Airflow.

A D15S... 😲 You must be a genius to choose such a cooler. 😁 The wisest of all men.

Why not the Chromax black? mine is very pretty. 

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

A D15S... 😲 You must be a genius to choose such a cooler. 😁 The wisest of all men.

Why not the Chromax black? mine is very pretty. 

LOL 

Don't know about a genius, maybe a little wise 😆

I had the original chrome D15S in my old PC and it performed just as well if not better than my previous AIO so I figured I would stick with what I know and trust. I love the stealthy look of the black version and it keeps my 12700K cool as a cucumber lol

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

16 hours ago, RJC68 said:

LOL 

Don't know about a genius, maybe a little wise 😆

I had the original chrome D15S in my old PC and it performed just as well if not better than my previous AIO so I figured I would stick with what I know and trust. I love the stealthy look of the black version and it keeps my 12700K cool as a cucumber lol

Like me, you are possessed of the secret knowledge. Handed down from the ancients and recorded in the sacred book known as "The Chilled".

Mine keeps my 12900K  cool.

We have much to thank them for, the ancient beings that brought such advanced technolgy to Earth all those centuries ago. Thank god the ancients found that crashed alien saucer and extracted what we call the "D15S", which in reality is a quantum field coil cooling module for a hyperdrive.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, martin-w said:

Like me, you are possessed of the secret knowledge. Handed down from the ancients and recorded in the sacred book known as "The Chilled".

Mine keeps my 12900K  cool.

We have much to thank them for, the ancient beings that brought such advanced technolgy to Earth all those centuries ago. Thank god the ancients found that crashed alien saucer and extracted what we call the "D15S", which in reality is a quantum field coil cooling module for a hyperdrive.

Hey Martin,

I sold my PC for a nice profit and just built another LOL

This time I put in a 3090 & 1000W Seasonic Gold Plus and changed the case to a Fractal Design Torrent. The reason behind a bigger case was better cooling. This has 2 X 180mm fans at the front and 3 X 140mm fans under the GPU. The PSU sits at the top. Genius design ! 

Did some tests yesterday and stock 3090 hit 75 degrees (before undervolting at 60 fps) but my 12700K (New D15S) sat around 35 - 40 degrees. That's nuts. I could hear it shivering 🤣

If you haven't chosen yet definitely take a look at this case. 

gESrVbZ.jpg

Ede85tN.jpg

CYvD2sR.jpg

74kY0m7.jpg

Edited by RJC68

Richard

mmBbmS1.png