Sign in to follow this  
Tim_FSD

FSD-International...no wonder folks get angry.

>That's ridiculous. FSD's flight modeling is among the finest>and with piracy being rampant you can't blame them for having>good protection. If people would take the time to understand>how their computers work then they would detect the origin of>and one way or another be able to resolve such problems with>limited hassle. And if you like the aircraft they render then>it is worth going through the hoops. They hardly ever fix anything!

Guest weeniemcween

"*They* would detect" meaning *you*, the computer operator, not FSD. 3/4 of the complaints I have seen recently about FSD's products not working have been from those jumping the gun: those not making an effort to diagnose a simple problem like the need to download the latest installer or run the load manager.

Guest allcott

Which leaves the other 1/4 - and the reality of the problems being not as claimed by FSD - frankly, totally unacceptable. I go with BT over an FSD spokesman, especially as I had the exact-same problem. And it was not my system that caused it. I can state that unequivocally. It is unacceptable that installing one product should affect another. You might understand it when it affects two different products from separate manufacturers, but it is NOT acceptable when installing the FSX C337 renders the FS9 version unusable without a reinstallation. What was the FSX installer doing making any changes that affect the GS9 product anyway. At the very least, if they want to show us it is opur systems, then tell us how you know this, and the procedure by whcih you proved it was not the installer. Because the procedure I used - and BT - shows that FSD are mistaken, or worse.FSD show this wonderful attitude toward their paying customers - `It's your system, not our software...` but seem somehow to fail to show how they know that is actually the case - which is why they have to remove the increasing number of replies in their forum that begin "This is the first report we've had of this.." A heck of alot of `firsts` disappear from their site.The installer is simply not good enough, and the solution is to fix it, not blame the customer. Accusation and proof are two different concepts in everyones vocabulary except FSD's it seems. Allcott

Guest weeniemcween

Allcott, Well as far as I know you have that right - the FSD procedure is to negate old installs with new ones. Reading between the lines, installs are cracked and so they develop new ones. At the same time, they chose to force users with old installs to adopt the new installers in order to combat piracy, or partial-piracy.This approach sounds worse than it is. As you probably know, it is very common. Software companies, for instance, blacklist serials and counteract cracks all the time with updates, like sp1's neutralization of the fsx activation crack which many legitimate owners used. FSD's problem is that they are dealing with an add on aircraft, not a program itself; that they have resorted to more invasive methods of protecting their intellectual property is I think a result of this difference. Flight1's license system is more kind, but maybe FSD doesn't want to have to pay more than 10% for the service:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=developers#wrapper"Actually no. You can keep as much as 88% of your sales price." And I'm guessing the FSD system is more robust too for its insidiousness, since it appears to mess with the system registry rather than rely primarily on a wrapping method.But, IMO, their protection is not as mean as starforce or drm. I forgive them because they are a small company.As you say, though, maybe they should go back to the drawing board on this issue.

Guest Shalomar

So is the Seneca II going to be worth the hassle??? I've been hesitating to make my first purchase from FSD...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi Shalamar...if you are directing that question to me, and not just to the rhetorical few, my answer would be yes, in all probablity you would be pleased with a purchase from FSD.As I said in my original post, I own every FSD aircraft. Not the majority, not most, but every one. There are only three other vendors whom I vote my support with $$$ so strongly, and they are:* Flight1* RealAir* PMDGSo again, if you're asking me, I'd say yes, it's worth it.bt

Guest jcomm

That makes two of us :-)Add to it (very recently) Schockwave Productions and Aeroplane Heaven!Regarding the quality of FSD products I should say that it is top-notch!!! Although many people complain about their support I never had any problem with it - quite on the contrary... given that I am a complete mess at mantaining software and systems (at home!!!). Reinstalling products was never a problem to me either.Go ahead - you will NOT be disappointed!

Guest Shalomar

Thanx for the replies. Now it is just a question of do I want both the RealAir Duke when it comes out and the Seneca now...Hmmm, now and later...I may just reach for my wallet now...Best regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Braun,Glad everythig is OK now.I don't think your problem had anything to do with the license validation/management. Based on the way you describe the sequence of events it sounds like something corrupted your registry data for the aircraft. Reinstallation simply repaired that.Never hesitate to contact us when you need help.Tim Dickenshttp://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

TD_forum_sig.gif

If all of you who think FSD has a CS problem, then I have to say that you haven't seen Customer Service that is anywhere near as bad as the Aerosoft Group! That bunch of pedantic, overrated crooks are really who need to be placed under the international trade agreement scope. Without ever buying an aircraft from them, you can see how terrible their CS is just by reading some of the forum member's questions in the "support", (a laughable term when it comes to Aerosoft), sections. The real kick in the head is all their so-called "Award-Winning" Aircraft. The same people who own, work for, and/or represent Aerosoft are found as members in the very places that the Aerosoft team claims they have been recognized for this 'great' <choke> honor. I'm surpised their arms aren't broken from patting themselves on the back as much as they do, (just read their rediculous ads). So if you want to measure how bad the CS of any add-on company is, use the Aerosoft CS as a comparison marker. An occasional mistake or oversight by anyone is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. No one is perfect and when it comes to MSFS's coding, it is amazing that the programmers have it down as well as they do. But when the CS is CONTINUOUSLY rude and feels that they can claim whatever they want in their ads with impunity, and their best and most common replies to the paying customer is "Read the Manual" and "Your computer system is the problem, not us", then they should be sued into the stone age!

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

Why are you digging up a 4 year old post about FSD to state this dubious claim about Aerosoft??Considering how little you post, I'd put more thought into them....

I am curious why you feel compelled to drag up a four year old thread?regards,Joe[edit]sorry Valcor, didn't see your post, no need for me to repeat what you said. Forty lashes for me![/edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif