Sign in to follow this  
RAMMSTEIN1977

TOGA Projects , Dead?

Hi,

After my SSD broke, I had to completely reinstall everything.

Since I want to do something optically, I'm thinking about what I'm going to do.

I used to always have TOGA products installed (ENVHSADE , ENVTEX )

I really liked the look of it.

but when I wanted to test RDShade back then and it is not compatible with TOGA, I wanted to delete ENVTEX and ENVSHADE... But that didn't work back then.. It just wasn't possible to delete.. so I left it with RDShade.

Now that I've reinstalled P3D V5.3, I'm finding it difficult to reinstall TOGA products.

There is practically no more support, and the forum is also dead.

Then if HF or V5.4 should come, you probably can't update it because somehow the developer doesn't exist.

I don't want to break my P3D installation with a program that is no longer supported anyway.

Hence my question, what is the best way to do it?

Can you recommend RDShade as an alternative?

RDShade is compatible with TOGA EnvTex and EnvSound just NOT with EnvShade.

RDShade has way more tweaks than EnvShade but it is not without its foibles and one or two little bugs.

I had all the TOGA prgs installed but no longer use EnvShade.

Hi there,

No we're not dead, I've met some issues in my private life, nothing related to health but still important.
This affected a lot development and support as we're only two developers working on payware products. I'm sorry for the last few months that were quite poor regarding... well, everything ! We are slowly going back to work full time on our projects and support.

2 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

RDShade has way more tweaks than EnvShade but it is not without its foibles and one or two little bugs.

Not really, Envshade actually has more tweaks and more dynamic tweaks, but it's less customizable. RDshade is a great piece of software but is totally different in its philosophy, it's closer to what PTA was, while Envshade basically is a click and forget product.
Envplus will bring much more customization though when we will finally bring the product to the market (Yes it will happen)

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Maxime
TOGA projects

38 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Hi there,

No we're not dead, I've met some issues in my private life, nothing related to health but still important.
This affected a lot development and support as we're only two developers working on payware products. I'm sorry for the last few months that were quite poor regarding... well, everything ! We are slowly going back to work full time on our projects and support.

Not really, Envshade actually has more tweaks and more dynamic tweaks, but it's less customizable. RDshade is a great piece of software but is totally different in its philosophy, it's closer to what PTA was, while Envshade basically is a click and forget product.
Envplus will bring much more customization though when we will finally bring the product to the market (Yes it will happen)

Well, hello there. So glad to hear you're back!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

19 hours ago, kmax59 said:

No we're not dead,

Hello Maxime, it makes me very happy to hear that you are up and well, at least in terms of health. Do you know, that the TOGA forum is pirated meanwhile a lot by those bloody spamers. You would have to make some "cleaning session" once you´re getting back into it. Nice to know, that we´ll get back our TOGA-Team as we got used to. 

😃😀👍

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

11 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Hello Maxime, it makes me very happy to hear that you are up and well, at least in terms of health. Do you know, that the TOGA forum is pirated meanwhile a lot by those bloody spamers. You would have to make some "cleaning session" once you´re getting back into it. Nice to know, that we´ll get back our TOGA-Team as we got used to. 

😃😀👍

It might be better at all to abandon this confusing and really bad forum and maybe set up something NEW in avsim.com !
Sorry, but the TOGA -Forum is really horrible - pretty much the worst I have ever seen....

• Upvote 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your kind words 🙂

43 minutes ago, BerndB said:

😃😀👍

Well I actually regularly remove the spam comments and accounts but it's getting crazy, we're having a fight with our hoster which is responsible for this.

28 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

It might be better at all to abandon this confusing and really bad forum and maybe set up something NEW in avsim.com !
Sorry, but the TOGA -Forum is really horrible - pretty much the worst I have ever seen....

That's a bit harsh but... I must admit it's not perfect and I regret our move from our old proboards forum but it allowed to get everything in a single place.
If our hoster can't solve these spams, then we'll have to look at other solutions.

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hi,

Today I wanted to at least install ENVTEX.

Downloaded all packages from Simmarket.

As far as I know, I still need ENVDIR.

So I first installed ENVDIR but it doesn't come up again ?

I haven't installed ENVTEX yet... Is it because ENVTEX isn't installed yet ?`

I'm very careful with TOGA-Projects because I used to have massive problems uninstalling ENVSHADE, because after uninstalling ENVSHADE ENVDIR didn't start..

I don't want to break my new installation.

Hence the question, does ENDIR not start because ENVTEX is not yet installed?

15 hours ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

Hence the question, does ENDIR not start because ENVTEX is not yet installed?

No that's not the reason.

EnvDir does not start for me and for many many others as well, without a lot of "jiggery pokery".

Have a read on their forum, this bug has plagued many customers for quite some time now and

while TOGA Projects appear to have attempted to fix it, they haven't, at least not for me and it appears

also not for you !

ok, so TOGA is completely dead for me. I don't feel like messing up my new p3d install. I wanted to give ENVTEX and toga another chance if the junk doesn't even start on its own with newly installed windows... then you can throw all Toga products in the bin. You won't get any help or support anyway. and to be honest, as a paying customer, i'm not very interested in private problems. I will never buy or support anything from toga or their developers again

Edited by RAMMSTEIN1977

8 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

No that's not the reason.

EnvDir does not start for me and for many many others as well, without a lot of "jiggery pokery".

Have a read on their forum, this bug has plagued many customers for quite some time now and

while TOGA Projects appear to have attempted to fix it, they haven't, at least not for me and it appears

also not for you !

In all due respect, it's not because a few users from tens of thousands users, still sometimes have issues that it's necessarily caused by Envdir itself, it can be so many things conflicting. We've ran a huge amount of tests, and went through the entire code and nothing could explain those issues. The problem with support forums is that you always see unhappy users, the happy users generally just stay silent and enjoy, and it's completely logic. I don't try to justify anything, but some forum posts here and there do not mean anything.

Each pc is different, everyone's running different version of windows, drivers, software etc, and sometimes conflicts happen.
Each time we could helped, we've help, appart from the last weeks where I've been absolutely silent, and again I'm sorry about that, I've tried to help as much as I could, and each single time since Envdir is pretty much stable, it was an issue on user's side.
Reinstalling our product do not change anything in our files, it just reinstall the same exact things at the same exact place, if it works after several attempts then something conflicted 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

ok, so TOGA is completely dead for me. I don't feel like messing up my new p3d install. I wanted to give ENVTEX and toga another chance if the junk doesn't even start on its own with newly installed windows... then you can throw all Toga products in the bin. You won't get any help or support anyway. and to be honest, as a paying customer, i'm not very interested in private problems. I will never buy or support anything from toga or their developers again

You can also read many positive reviews about our products, I totally understand your point but whatever you decide, I'm now here to help if you want to.

All of our product will be kept updated for future P3D versions and a new Envdir version should be released in a few months (should be much sooner but don't want to make any promise we could possibly not keep)

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

Just wanted to give here a statement for all that do not have a problem with TOGA products. These products work as expected for me, are easy to install and maintain, give a look and feel for the sim, that I did not want to miss. I can understand, if the developer has personal reasons to stop beeing active in the comunity for some time, especially if the product is running fine and has been updated to all hotfixes of P3D immediately.

I also had problems with products before, where I seemed to be the only one but never thought about accusing the developer for something that may be a problem of my own. I also don´t know how to crash a SSD or HD although I´m working with computers since 1988 and built several computers on my own, added and removed drives a lot of time, also even on my actual rig. Drives need to be handled carefully, avoid static discharge, don´t bend them, don´t overheat them. 

The question of this thread was, TOGA Projects dead? Prepar3D did not update for a while, so most addon developers just stay with their version not only TOGA. A lot of developers have left P3D, still selling their aging products.

TOGA did not release it´s latest project. That´s a pity but my simulator runs fine without. I don´t need to spend money. If you want update after update which breaks your addons, there´s a game doing exactly this. I´m happy having a break from updates, since it gives me time to enjoy the sim and develop my own airports.

Dan

• Like 5

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 7/28/2022 at 5:17 PM, kmax59 said:

That's a bit harsh but... I must admit it's not perfect and I regret our move from our old proboards forum but it allowed to get everything in a single place.
If our hoster can't solve these spams, then we'll have to look at other solutions.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound too harsh 😞 I love all your products, and use them on every flight 🙂.

The only thing that really bothers me is this really cluttered forum (layout, font (!!!),...)...

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

I find it hard that I am told that the problem is with me that ENVDIR does not start. Since my m2 ssd broke I had to completely reinstall windows and p3d. if envdir doesn't start with a freshly installed windows, then it's not my fault. the forums are full of ENVDIR not starting. I used to have problems with ENVDIR as well. for example if you only wanted to use ENVTEX and ENVSOUND and uninstalled ENVSHADE, ENVDIR didn't start... only after I reinstalled ENVSHADE did ENVDIR start again. I'm getting fed up with TOGA Projects. you buy a product and end up being left without help and being told it's your own fault fact is ENVDIR doesn't start, and still doesn't start... and it will always stay that way...

1 hour ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

I find it hard that I am told that the problem is with me that ENVDIR does not start. Since my m2 ssd broke I had to completely reinstall windows and p3d. if envdir doesn't start with a freshly installed windows, then it's not my fault. the forums are full of ENVDIR not starting. I used to have problems with ENVDIR as well. for example if you only wanted to use ENVTEX and ENVSOUND and uninstalled ENVSHADE, ENVDIR didn't start... only after I reinstalled ENVSHADE did ENVDIR start again. I'm getting fed up with TOGA Projects. you buy a product and end up being left without help and being told it's your own fault fact is ENVDIR doesn't start, and still doesn't start... and it will always stay that way...

Having a clean install means nothing, I guess you don't have only Envdir installed on your new windows installation.
If you're refering to old Envdir versions yes, there was a lot of post about such issues, and yes there was a problem on the app, but it's now solved so I don't know what to answer. I've suggested my help, you know I'm back if you want some help 🤷‍♂️

In all due respect, honestly I've faced so many situations with users who were just on the forum to complain, and when you're trying to help they just keep complaining without bringing the information you need that I will not insist. Unfortunately all developers face such situations and this is sometimes very frustrating when you know that it's often 1% of the users who are just making things looking bad, while 99% are enjoying.

As Dan says, our products are supposed to be stable with the latest versions. I said already twice I'm sorry for the lack of support last months, this is sincere, but I won't beat myself in all my answers. Either you want some help and I'm here, or then it's over and we can stop discussing this.

I'm looking forward to your message if you want some help.

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 2

Maxime
TOGA projects