Sign in to follow this  
Bud Kerr

Can't use offline

I purchased an Xbox X a couple of weeks ago, along with a download version of MSFS 2020. Due to a slow internet connection (6.5 Mbps) it took a week to download the 100+ gigabytes. I am trying to run the program offline. When I open MSFS and attempt to fly, I get this message:

“You are currently offline and do not have the optional Offline Mode files installed, so cannot start a new flight.” It says to check connection. I checked, and it is connected.

I clicked on the “EXIT AND DOWNLOAD OFFLINE CONTENT". I have done this twice and waited 24 hours for slow download. It didn’t  work.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? (not shouting)

I am an old geezer and wanted to do the flying instructions for entertainment. That’s the only program I downloaded

I have never found a way to fly offline with MSFS... but maybe someone has this figured out.. 😉

6.5 Mbps is actually just fine for online flight... only the downloads take forever, as you have discovered..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bud Kerr said:

So I buy xbox x along with MSFS 2020 and it doesn't work.

Not sure what you are saying... can you not fly with an online connection, as intended?

Bert

Each time I try to fly, it says "you're  currently offline." When I check the connection it says I'm connected to the internet. Is there something else  I have to do to be "online", other than having an internet connection? I downloaded the whole program online. How do I connect it to the internet?

I thought there was an option to fly Offline. Has no one actually tried this?