Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Stuttering related to monitor refresh rate?

With both FSX RTM and SP1 I get constantly stuttering when locking the framerate to anything else than 30 frames. At 30 frames it is quite smooth (with the exception of the common stuttering that occasionally appears in turns etc.), but if I lock the FPS at 29 or 31 I get constant stuttering. I have also tried a lot of other values, higher and lower, but 30 seems to be the sweet spot.This currently prevents me from locking at 25 FPS, which would probably be good enough and allow for higher graphic settings. I wonder if this is related to the refresh rate of my monitor which is a normal 22" flat panel at 60 Hz.I have tried different graphic drivers, but this did not solve the issue. If I remember correctly, I did not have this issue with FSX RTM before I recently formatted my harddrive and reinstalled everything from scratch.Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?---Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3200 MHz (8 x 400 MHz)Asus P5B-E Plus2GB PC2-6400 Kingston MemoryNVidia 7900GS with ForceWare 158.27

Guest thx1137

I currently run without locking my framerate. When I tried to lock it I found that it was best to be an even divisor of the refresh rate. I can't remember the details of what I had but as an example if the refresh rate was 60fps, at 30 or 20 FPS I got almost zero stuttering. At 25 FPS I got regular stuttering. Something like that anyway. The stutters wern't particulary bad and seemed to be every couple of seconds or so. Certainly not like the micro-stutters.There was certainly an effect but my memory sucks so while believe the above was what was happening it may not be completely accurate.

>With both FSX RTM and SP1 I get constantly stuttering when>locking the framerate to anything else than 30 frames. At 30>frames it is quite smooth (with the exception of the common>stuttering that occasionally appears in turns etc.), but if I>lock the FPS at 29 or 31 I get constant stuttering. I have>also tried a lot of other values, higher and lower, but 30>seems to be the sweet spot.>>This currently prevents me from locking at 25 FPS, which would>probably be good enough and allow for higher graphic settings.>I wonder if this is related to the refresh rate of my monitor>which is a normal 22" flat panel at 60 Hz.>>I have tried different graphic drivers, but this did not solve>the issue. If I remember correctly, I did not have this issue>with FSX RTM before I recently formatted my harddrive and>reinstalled everything from scratch.>>Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?>>--->>Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3200 MHz (8 x 400 MHz)>Asus P5B-E Plus>2GB PC2-6400 Kingston Memory>NVidia 7900GS with ForceWare 158.27Go here --> http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...fcbdda94dfe8153 these folks are very knowledgable in this area.