Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Flying with Fenix A320, hard to dedicate time?

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I don't use ready to go state, but turn around state. Doesn't take that long to load flight into MCDU and ready to taxi. Just takes some practice. 

It's not about practice, it's about how far you go with regards to realism. You're never going to turn around an airliner IRL within 8 minutes. You can, but then you'd have to cut corners that wouldn't be cut IRL. There's nothing wrong with simming in whatever way you like, but different ways of simming take different amounts of time.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, threegreen said:

It's not about practice, it's about how far you go with regards to realism. You're never going to turn around an airliner IRL within 8 minutes. You can, but then you'd have to cut corners that wouldn't be cut IRL. There's nothing wrong with simming in whatever way you like, but different ways of simming take different amounts of time.

Tell me what corners I am cutting.. Be specific? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I can't because I don't know what you're doing in your sim, Bob.

But I do know from first-hand experience that you cannot turn around an airliner in revenue service within 8 minutes. Doing that in your sim is perfectly fine, but it's not gonna work if you're sticking closely to the script. So if OP would like to have a feature that saves him/her some time while still doing a more expanded preflight, it's a valid point in my book, especially if the existing features seem to not work correctly from what has been said here, whether that's on Fenix or MSFS.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

40 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I can't because I don't know what you're doing in your sim, Bob.

But I do know from first-hand experience that you cannot turn around an airliner in revenue service within 8 minutes. Doing that in your sim is perfectly fine, but it's not gonna work if you're sticking closely to the script. So if OP would like to have a feature that saves him/her some time while still doing a more expanded preflight, it's a valid point in my book, especially if the existing features seem to not work correctly from what has been said here, whether that's on Fenix or MSFS.

If you use cold and dark, or even turnaround the real loading time is around 28 mins but then add on as you know work load your pushing back around 33 mins, a good 10 mins plus of that is simply waiting. Depends on how good/fast you are.

If you use fast loading thats not realistic but it means your time is full, I get pushed back around the 18 min mark, that’s with every step I would take with full loading time.

I just don’t need to wait 10+ mins for real time loading to happen unless I feel like doing everything from cold and dark and chilling. A flight from EGCC to EGLL is around 40 mins flight time. That’s a perfect eg of a short flight in what is a short time and a nice flight for a Airline. Is a BA SHT flight. That’s around 25 mins to takeoff 40 flight time and 10 mins taxi in and shut down. But then some people cannot do maths or do a flight without xX in cruise or save the flight lol. Then blame the Fenix for there own lack of time or effort. It’s a joke.

I personally do flight as short as the BA one up to flights around 350 miles that’s my sweet spot. But never in 30 years have I even used xX or saved flights. I just manage my time, it’s not hard. If I don’t have the time I do other things or simply make the time. But when next time I don’t have the time I will ask Fenix for a refund…..lol

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

It’s funny that you preflight in 8 minutes, obviously taking shortcuts there, and can’t comprehend why someone might want to fast forward in cruise. 

Lol wish Rw  aircraft will take  only  8 minutes   turnarounds  imagine  the  money  they be  saving 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

If you use cold and dark, or even turnaround the real loading time is around 28 mins but then add on as you know work load your pushing back around 33 mins, a good 10 mins plus of that is simply waiting. Depends on how good/fast you are.

If you use fast loading thats not realistic but it means your time is full, I get pushed back around the 18 min mark, that’s with every step I would take with full loading time.

I just don’t need to wait 10+ mins for real time loading to happen unless I feel like doing everything from cold and dark and chilling. A flight from EGCC to EGLL is around 40 mins flight time. That’s a perfect eg of a short flight in what is a short time and a nice flight for a Airline. Is a BA SHT flight. That’s around 25 mins to takeoff 40 flight time and 10 mins taxi in and shut down. But then some people cannot do maths or do a flight without xX in cruise or save the flight lol. Then blame the Fenix for there own lack of time or effort. It’s a joke.

I personally do flight as short as the BA one up to flights around 350 miles that’s my sweet spot. But never in 30 years have I even used xX or saved flights. I just manage my time, it’s not hard. If I don’t have the time I do other things or simply make the time. But when next time I don’t have the time I will ask Fenix for a refund…..lol

I realize you are talking about me, but I'm at a loss as to what is going on here.  I'll put it this way: if I had known about these missing features I wouldn't have bought the plane. Ok, I'm fairly certain you are trying to insult me, but I'm glad for all the things competing for my time.

1 hour ago, timers15 said:

I realize you are talking about me, but I'm at a loss as to what is going on here.  I'll put it this way: if I had known about these missing features I wouldn't have bought the plane. Ok, I'm fairly certain you are trying to insult me, but I'm glad for all the things competing for my time.

Don't worry about Nyxx. He's always little "special". Avsims pinnacle pretend pilot (thankfully, you don't want someone with that attitude near a real aircraft). He gets riled up over alot of obscure items.

Just take it for what it is - unintentional comic relief from an armchair jockey.😁

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Don't worry about Nyxx. He's always little "special". Avsims pinnacle pretend pilot (thankfully, you don't want someone with that attitude near a real aircraft).

Just take it for what it is - unintentional comic relief from an armchair jockey.😁

😂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You obviously and clearly do NOT use real time loading of pax, cargo and fuel. That's the corner you are cutting. You are skipping time here. And then you say "Time compression sucks, I would rather watch a Youtube video"... That's indeed quite funny, you have to admit that. 😉

45 minutes ago, tup61 said:

You obviously and clearly do NOT use real time loading of pax, cargo and fuel. That's the corner you are cutting. You are skipping time here. And then you say "Time compression sucks, I would rather watch a Youtube video"... That's indeed quite funny, you have to admit that. 😉

Well pax loading is not a great thing in MSFS with the PMDG or Fenix. In P3D we had GSX2 and you would see and hear the PAX loading. See the Bus come and going etc and watching and hearing them in a immersive way. But there is nothing in both the PMDG or Fenix. The only thing you see is the small square seats filling up in the iPad.

So when using Real time Pax loading there is, for me around 10-15 mins of nothing to do and nothing to watch or hear. So at the moment I use fast loading.

Also missing nothing happening at all unless you like watching small square  filling up on the pax iPad screen is in my opinion totaly diffrent to using fast forward of the flight its self.

FBW has PMDG and Fenix bettered, PAX sounds and thats far better then nothing.

When we have GSX for MSFS I will as a "pretend pilot" enjoy the full real time loading.😉

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

could  save  time  by  starting  at the  rwy  skip  everything  else 🙂 , hopefully  gsx  isn't  too far off  coming  to msfs    

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

49 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

FBW has PMDG and Fenix bettered, PAX sounds and thats far better then nothing.

I was just getting ready to mention this as I read through your post, but you beat me to it 🙂 With the added passenger and crew sounds, boarding is so much more immersive with the A32NX. And with the recent updates there's no excuse not to fly this great freeware plane. Been away from simming during my holiday, and came back to find a new and improved pushback-feature added to the EFB. 

And by the way I usually load fuel, pax and cargo in real time. It's just the way I prefer to do it. I like taking my time with the preflight and cockpit preparation as I find it quite enjoyable. 

I rarely have flights longer than 2 hours. So time acceleration is not something I miss. But each to their own. At the moment however I'm testing out some medium and long-haul flights to test sim stability, as I've been unlucky to get some frequent "memory could not be read" CTDs that I'm trying to troubleshoot. I would never be at the sim for the whole duration of those longer flights though. Tonight I was sound asleep while the PMDG 737-700 was en route from Nairobi to Cape Town. Luckily I woke up to discover MSFS was still running - although the aircraft had flown almost 400nm past the TOD.

I just departed from Auckland to Sydney in the A32NX and now this "pretend pilot" is going out for some errands 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

You are right,  I don't use real time loading, or wait for the passengers to use the rest rooms, or do a walk around for 15 minutes , or have the passengers go through the TSA line, etc, etc,  I just enjoy flying, not pretending that it is real life. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You are right,  I don't use real time loading, or wait for the passengers to use the rest rooms, or do a walk around for 15 minutes , or have the passengers go through the TSA line, etc, etc,  I just enjoy flying, not pretending that it is real life. 

...but your signature? 😶

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

You can hard pause by hitting escape and using any of the menu items, right?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.