hello everyone, I have all my controls ( tca airbus quadrant, warthog stick, Logitech pedals) all connected to a usb hub which is connected to the pc via 3.0. I am suffering lag / freeze of the tca and rudder pedals ( but strangely not the Warthog), i have set power and /sleep for usbs in bios and windows correctly so the pc doesn't turn them off to conserve power, i have also gone into device manager and power management of the usbs and made sure the pc doesn't turn off any usb ports in there , I have a 750 EVGA  psu powering  the pc, oh and to add i changed the power plan to performance , but its still happening , the usb hub is new, i changed it because i thought that could be the issue ?, any help with this would be great !

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Assuming all devices operate normally when connected directly without the hub? If so, you can try the most problematic device only through the hub with the rest directly connected. That may help to confirm if it is a compatibility problem with the hub or a performance problem with it.

Also, try change which port the hub is connected to on your PC - ideally directly to a USB 3.0 port on the motherboard and not a break our port elsewhere on your case.

Edited by Donka
typo

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Is it a powered hub with its own power supply? Or does it take power from the pc? Powered ones are usually a better bet. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

hi, yes the hub is connected to MB 3.0 and no it doesn't have its own power supply , i did think of that at the time but cheaped out lol , thanks fella's , donka i will give your tip ago 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I run a 3.0 hub that's powered through the USB port, having no issues, even with 4 devices hooked up to it (Stick, throttle, pedals and Xbox controller)

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

hi, yes the hub is connected to MB 3.0 and no it doesn't have its own power supply , i did think of that at the time but cheaped out lol , thanks fella's , donka i will give your tip ago 

thanks steve 86 , the way fwd i think 👌

2 hours ago, sonny147 said:

You need to get a powered hub.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

yup , thanks guys

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You need to get a powered hub.

59 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

yup , thanks guys

Get one from a source that allows free returns.....  Cause if it doesn't fix the issue you will have spent needless $$$$..  Speaking from experience.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

wilco !

Same here for powered, been using a powered USB 3.0 for some time and have five controllers and two charging cables and not had any issues.

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

In device manager set the Human Interface Devices power management checkboxes, just like you set  the USB Controllers power management checkboxes. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.