Sign in to follow this  
Norlandair

It's always winter in Iceland????

When I use live weather in FS2020, Iceland has snow year cover year round. This is not the case since I've been there 8 times in all seasons. If I turn off live weather it is more realistic but then I have to try to approximate the real weather. How can I make the landscape appear without snow using live weather in the summertime?

Apparently this is an issue in Alaska as well. I was just reading about this earlier. Apparently REX weather doesn't have this issue.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Apparently this is an issue in Alaska as well. I was just reading about this earlier. Apparently REX weather doesn't have this issue.

Yep flew to PAJN yesterday and even though it was 18C at the airport, everything around was covered in snow.

1 hour ago, Norlandair said:

When I use live weather in FS2020, Iceland has snow year cover year round. This is not the case since I've been there 8 times in all seasons. If I turn off live weather it is more realistic but then I have to try to approximate the real weather. How can I make the landscape appear without snow using live weather in the summertime?

Hm last time I flew there (in MSFS) two weeks ago there was no snow with live weather.

5 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Apparently this is an issue in Alaska as well.

It seems as if the southern part of Alaska is the only part affected by this issue. I flew to Anaktuvuk Pass from Fairbanks in the DC6 the other day and didn't encounter snow apart from the snow capped mountains. The same cant be said for Juneau, a few weeks ago I flew to Juneau with the OAT of +18C which is well above freezing the area was covered in snow. I hope this issue is addressed as it ruins the immersion.

Bugged snow coverage with live weather is an issue since release in many parts of the world. Obviously and sadly, many users seem to only fly using weather presets instead of live weather, being the only explanation to me why this immersion breaking bug still only has little attention. Seems I have to accept this...

EDIT: another attempt to get an answer from the devs: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improved-snow-coverage

Edited by AnkH
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

And again the Q&A question was dumped, this time because it has nothing to do with SU10. They start to get annoying regarding this bug, obviously trying to evade it with every possible approach. Last time, it was ranked 10th and simply ignored... But I will simply continue, next Q&A session I will ask again...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It is an issue everywhere. A week ago, flying over Mont Blanc, 40C temp on ground and all the Mont Blanc area was snow covered… immersion breaking.

I don’t understand why it is not a priority bug since the beginning.

But good to know there is no such issue with preset weather. I would like to know how to set wind in a preset so it increase with altitude, just like with live weather though.

I wish there was a way to keep live weather and remove snow to always have summer, even in winter. Because having no snow is better than what we got now...

• Upvote 1

I feel like snow is a big weakness for this sim.  Not only seeing snow where there isn't snow.  But the sim does not depict falling snow well.  Heavy snow looks to weak and even less than flurry's.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next