Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Level D FSX

I have yet to see any comments re: Level D for FSX. Does that mean thatno one has it yet or that it's a dog? Just wondering FS9 Forum was fullof threads re: Level D when it came out originally.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Aspire 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshFS Genesis Land ClassActive SkyRC4

I have the LVL-D 767 for FSX. I love it. The only issue is.. With Lvd-D, Ultimate Terrain and Ultimate Traffic (all came out recently post SP1) I have blurries and FPS drop its so bad. I can't blame any of these vendors perse. Its just that FSX doesn't have much room.I can fly the LVL-D provided I run of the Traffic % to 0. etc or fly in some remote corner like Hawaii and/or St Maarten Island etc having its own Phototextures.MannyPS: Go flight MCP Pro doesn't work with the FSX version of LVL-D as yet.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest gordonrd45

Good post. My experience has been the same. LDS did a nice job porting the 767 over to FSX and they preserved hardware compatibility with the Engravity CDU and the Aerosoft Australia MCP/EFIS. I got the same degradation in graphics with Ultimate Terrain, though I must say the scenery is gorgeous with it running on high settings. Despite all of the increase in both CPU and graphics power in the last 18-24 months, we still don't have hardware up to the task Iam running a dual core AMD with 2 GB RAM and an nVidia 8800 GTS card).I had a problem with my GoFlight hardware -- the little bridge program needed to link to SimConnect loads unto the system tray when I start FSX, but except for the TQ6 throttles, none of my other modules would work with FSX. I found that I have to unload the GF bridge and reload it manually after FSX was running -- then all of my various GoFlight modules came to life. I tried reinstalling SimConnect, but it did not fix this.RG

Guest diajohn2

I find that the Level D 767 for FSX runs only slightly slower with FSX than FS9. Maybe 10%.I like it. They did a good job.

Level D is great in FSX. I agree with the previous posts that you have to sacrifice something in FSX if you want to fly in and out of big airports. AI is the easiest and makes a big difference. One small tip, try the 767 without the VC. It gets a hair smoother.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

It's a keeper for sure. I'm seeing a 20% drop as compared to FS9 but that's no big deal. Even on this somewhat aged system the 763 is very flyable.DougP4 3.2E @ 3.680 (1.385 vCore - 230 FSB)Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (BIOS 1023)2GB Corsair XMS-3200C2 (2-3-3-6-2T)1.5 TB of Western Digital HDDATI X850XT PE

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

LDS767 is pretty much perfect on FS9 w/ all the visual eye candies FS9 can throw at it (addon scenery, AI density, etc.), would it be fair to say the FS10.1 rendition is equal to or surpasses the version in FS9, including gfx fluidity?I haven't re-installed FS10 since removing it from the HDD before Christmas, sitting on the fence as to give FS10 another try...But I just got a new motorcycle so I'm inclined to boot this to another season, don't really feel like doing FPS tweaks all over again.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.65GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, GF7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest thx1137

It is a good machine though I find the VC textures for the overhead and much of the pedestal to be poor. If the Level D VC textures were as sharp as the Wilco 737 in FSX I would have no complaints at all.

Guest abulaafia

no==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

>It is a good machine though I find the VC textures for the>overhead and much of the pedestal to be poor. If the Level D>VC textures were as sharp as the Wilco 737 in FSX I would have>no complaints at all.>They will be far better soon as that 737 :-lolAndr

André

Guest weeniemcween

Is that a promise, Andre of 767 vc mod fame?

If you click on the PFD or ND does it popup in a larger resizable window?

Matthew S

Excellent - great job! Regarding LD767, I have FS9 & FSX - must say I'm not willing to tweak-down to run LD767 in FSX - can't handle single dig FPS. I plan to wait until I build another computer(Dec/Jan) and give it another try. In my opinion, the LD767 FS9 is great compared to FSX. It's good to see Andre is working to enhance this program. ervIntel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, Corsair DII800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASUS 1900XT/512 Card, CoolMaster TAC-T01, Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350 Headset with Mic, Samsung 22

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

>Excellent - great job! Regarding LD767, I have FS9 & FSX ->must say I'm not willing to tweak-down to run LD767 in FSX ->can't handle single dig FPS. I plan to wait until I build>another computer(Dec/Jan) and give it another try. In my>opinion, the LD767 FS9 is great compared to FSX. It's good to>see Andre is working to enhance this program. erv>>Intel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, Corsair>DII800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASUS 1900XT/512 Card,>CoolMaster TAC-T01, Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350>Headset with Mic, Samsung 22