Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Level D FSX

Excellent questions! Just have to draw a line in sand and give it a try - have no idea as to what the specs might be. Being a flight sim nut, I'm always looking to imporve.I gues my standard is the performance of the RealAir 260 FSX on my system, anything that performs much less is not good enough for me. This may not be realistic. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Hi guys,I run a lowly AXP 3200+ with 1gig RAM and X800XT radeon 256MB, and I am getting 15-30 FPS with Level-D (locked at 30) anywhere with mid settings (AI traffic, all of it, OFF and Autogen very sparse or OFF). I use the 2Ds only (for my personal flying).I have no problems with my old setup. I would imagine anyone with a similar system as I have would have no problems running it.rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Is the FMC and everything clickable in the VC so you don't need the pop up windows? Just a question to those of you flying this in FSX. What makes the FSX version so much better that it is worth cutting down all your AI, Autogen, road traffic etc... when you can fly her into a fully loaded add-on airport in FS9 with no issues and without having to shut anything off or turn it down? I am not trying to be a wise A@@ it is a serious question as to what makes it that much better to justify turning so much down to fly into a default city v the add-ons in FS9. All of these lighting features like specular lighting etc really don't mean cr*p to me because I spend all of my time in FS INSIDE the plane. I don't really care if there is a reflection on the wing ;)So what features make it worth the switch?Thanks,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi,The FSX version is simply a refined one. I happen to appreciate the changes so much that I will never go back to FS9. Never.See below:Changes and Additional Features in Version 1.40 (for FSX) Level-D module - Improved "Import Panel Data" - Added

PPL(A)

Thanks Tero,TBH, it looks more like a patch 4 for LDS than a new version. Your comment of being a refined release is very accurate.I think the LDS guys are phenomenal and the price to upgrade for such a quality a/c is simply unheard of. These guys really do set the standard in terms of professionalism and delivery.With that being said I don't see anything so earth shattering or anything I was missing so badly in the FS9 version to get me to jump over and sacrifice my add-on airports, UTUSA, GE PRO, AES and the performance I get even at ImagineSim KEWR around NYC... Not saying that to diminish the efforts of LVL-D just saying the FS9 version was so da*n good it takes something huge to convert you if you are already still on the FS9 side of the fence and I just don't see that HUGE feature to force the switch...Does that make sense? Not trying to start a debate, put down FSX or LVL-D at all here just my .02,Thanks Tero, Thx Lvl-D and much enjoyment to everyone using it!!!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi Paul,I understand people have a hard time leaving their well-built FS9 environments behind... And that's the beauty of choice. Everyone can make their own :).About the release once more. Originally (as in before we released anything for FSX) this update was supposed to be only a "platform update", ie. to bring the 767 to FSX, with NO added functionality. We never advertised that it would be anything beyond that.Well, in the business of making the conversions the guys ended up adding a lot of stuff... But the upgrade price or the way we advertise the update (still) has never exceeded the original idea. Everyone can make up their minds based on what we publically list as being the "new things for FSX". :) Maybe the 757 will be somehow more than just a "refined" release ;).Also, thanks for your positive feedback :). The team tries very hard!rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Thx Tero,It is funny, I don't use FSX much except for GA but the stellar support and reputation of an organization like LVL-D and knowing that FSX will see its day (probably right around the release of FSXI just like FS9 to FSX) and I don't doubt for a second that it is a great deal! Even at the full price I know that this will always be one of the most stellar a/c in the FS skies...One great thing about LVL-D is that once FSX catches up on a few things no one will ever regret having it. It isn't like some other add-ons that you have to worry about buyers remorse ;)To the original poster, if you are an FSX convert or even new to FS this is one A/C you will not regret. My reason for not converting is because the FS9 version was so da*n good but if the team enhanced the existing version it is already amazing!Can't WAIT for the 757... That is going to be something else...Thx again Tero,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I bought it yesterday and it's fantastic! :-jumpyComplex systems, excellent night lighting, great immersion. If you are into airliners then this one should be number #1 on your list.Also great support in their forum.Highly recommended and great value for money.

Matthew S

Guest gordonrd45

Well,I gotta say that I agree with you about not going back to FS9 with the LDS 767. Now that I have had the FSX version for enough time to really play with it, it is more than just a patch. I run FSX just to use this airplane with the latest enhancements. FSX is a #### of a resource hog -- and I have a reasonably powerful computer -- but I love this airplane and have from the early years when Eric was doing it almost by himself. The team has kept up the tradition handsomely since then and always provided an amazing and durable product at a great price. I also must thank the team again for their great support of the third party hardware -- best in class!Anyone with a serious interest in big iron for FS should have this plane.RG

Guest jcomm

I noticed absolutely no degradation from LevelD-FSX!As a matter for fact I confess I was expecting it since I also installed, for the first time, ASX, MTrafficX and FSUIPC, and I have cars on roads active, boats on the seas, traffic in the airports, etc...The slight differemce in my case comes from FSUIPC, but it's decimal - not even a whole unit of FPS!!!It's a GREAT add-on!!!

Hello Paul:You sound objective, so I will try to be the same.First of all, if you are only a VC fan, ignore me, I am not as an old CFI from the old days much more interested in functionality than eye candy. Cessna 120's, 140's, J3's and Luscombs as a benchmark don't lead one to be too critical on panels and the such. Also I modify virtually all that I have, which are a multitude. The highest thing I ever flew was an Apache or a sniff of a twin Commander. I am thrilled to upgrade to things like Concords, Airbus 340's, 747's and the LDS 767 in the world of flight simulation.It is not "much better" than the FS9 version IMHO, but equal to it which makes it prime to me personally, particularly considering what is available thus far for FSX. The only question in my mind is if FSX is better, which is coming around (I think). A little patience and keeping up with the look see may be in order. If this fails in the end, Heaven help FS along with we who enjoy it so much.If whatever you see in FSX does nothing for you, I agree, stick with FS9, but to me it does show promise, and hopefully the future will even show more promise. I fly almost half in half at least partially sharing your apprehension, frustration or whatever the proper name would be.To me personally, the LDS767 is a breakthrough. Not monumental, but well worth the consideration. In fact, if you have the fS9 version, and the discount is still in order, A GREAT BARGIN IMHO.Good luck:Respectfully:RTH

>I noticed absolutely no degradation from LevelD-FSX!>>As a matter for fact I confess I was expecting it since I also>installed, for the first time, ASX, MTrafficX and FSUIPC, and>I have cars on roads active, boats on the seas, traffic in the>airports, etc...>>The slight differemce in my case comes from FSUIPC, but it's>decimal - not even a whole unit of FPS!!!>>It's a GREAT add-on!!!> This is not directed at you but all those who have responded.I'm building a new system and it sure would be helpfull if all responses included system specs. Just looking for some help.

Hi RTH,I would say that the people who appreciate a rather accurate depiction of the Pegasus FMC and VNAV will appreciate the FSX version. The FS9 version is not bad at all either, it's actually pretty much how the older PIP version worked. But for FSX Wade decided to implement the Pegasus, and the VNAV at the moment is a completely different beast. I for one am excited about the new functionality. After all, one of the hardest things in modelling are these functionalities that are related to FMC and AFDS and their "frictionless" co-operation. I would say Level-D at the moment is really leaps ahead of anything ever done for flight simulation on that front.Just as a side note :).Tero

PPL(A)

>Hi RTH,>>I would say that the people who appreciate a rather accurate>depiction of the Pegasus FMC and VNAV will appreciate the FSX>version. The FS9 version is not bad at all either, it's>actually pretty much how the older PIP version worked. >>But for FSX Wade decided to implement the Pegasus, and the>VNAV at the moment is a completely different beast. I for one>am excited about the new functionality. After all, one of the>hardest things in modelling are these functionalities that are>related to FMC and AFDS and their "frictionless" co-operation.>I would say Level-D at the moment is really leaps ahead of>anything ever done for flight simulation on that front.>>Just as a side note :).>>TeroCouldn't agree more :-)Andr

André

For you LD767 VC addicts ( me included) try setting your ( or really deselecting) the high resolution VC setting. I did this and gained a couple of FPS. Really helps at the busy airports. Until DX10 is out and I go to Vista and a new system with the lates Video cards. I don't try and push the limits with FSX or the LD763. I did not fly FSX after first trying it when it came out until the LD767 was ready. I flew the FS9 version online almost 95% of the time. The FSX version is as good as the FS9 version with the high res off I think and the new FMS and VNAV is truely realistic.