Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

I love how study level airliners are so much cheaper in MSFS

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm not aware that a study level airliner, at the fidelity of PMDG, released at $35 USD for P3D.

Look it up the 700/600 sold for $25 for P3D you just had to own the base pack 800/900 for $99 and if you brought that package during the limed time back November- December 2019 you had a $99 credit purchase for any product for MSFS so if any P3D users made the switch got the MSFS 700 version for Free and still have another $30 credit.

3 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Look it up the 700/600 sold for $25 for P3D you just had to own the base pack 800/900 for $99 

So…er…99 + 25 = 34?😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

So…er…99 + 25 = 34?😃

You are pretty slow. read my post again of coarse the total is $125, that will not be the case in MSFS. 700 and 600 already stands at $105 in MSFS it will be over $200 when the 800 and 900 is finished if you want to own all of them Thats my point.

Edited by jbdbow1970

24 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

You are pretty slow. read my post again of coarse the total is $125, that will not be the case in MSFS. 700 and 600 already stands at $105 in MSFS it will be over $200 when the 800 and 900 is finished if you want to own all of them Thats my point.

But you can buy the 600 for $35 without buying a base back. Your logic doesn't really work, because you have to buy a base pack, to get the 600. You could not own a single variant only in P3D for as low as $35 USD (either a base pack was required, or if the variant in the base pack was the one you wanted, the base pack was more than $35).

You can literally buy a study level plane, on its day of release, for $35 USD, in MSFS.  That was not possible with P3D or XP, without owning a base pack, and there was no such pricing for a study level airliner on its day of release (yes, there were very nice discounts on study level airliners a few years after the release of it, like the iniBuilds planes, but not on the day of its release).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

But you can buy the 600 for $35 without buying a base back. Your logic doesn't really work, because you have to buy a base pack, to get the 600.

You can literally buy a study level plane, on its day of release, for $35 USD.  That was not possible with P3D or XP, without owning a base pack, and there was no such pricing for a study level airliner on its day of release (yes, there were very nice discounts on study level airliners a few years after the release of it, like the iniBuilds planes, but not on the day of its release).

Who cares? this is a old and tired subject. Who gets an award. PMDG, MSFS? for the accomplishment of low prices. I'm done with this topic I brought the 600 and will not even blink at the 800 (which I really wanted) for a purchase because of their business model. I will see how the 777, and 747 is priced. They are clearly into selling individual models and not bundles that may come back and bite them in the *** in the long run.

Edited by jbdbow1970

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Who cares? 

Probably people that can't afford $70 for a PMDG 737.  Some people just want in for very cheap.  Even some people here at AVSIM have said they wouldn't buy a PMDG airliner for over $35, but $35 was just the right price for them.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

29 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Probably people that can't afford $70 for a PMDG 737.  Some people just want in for very cheap.  Even some people here at AVSIM have said they wouldn't buy a PMDG airliner for over $35, but $35 was just the right price for them.

They can fly the Inibuilds A310 in November for free. FBW is another option that is very good for free. Or they can go the cheap route and buy the Bredok3D for $25 or the CS for 767, 777 for $30 that may satisfy them just hope they don't complain about the planes at those prices don't work well. But anyways why is this your concern?

Edited by jbdbow1970

31 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Some people just want in for very cheap.

Absolutely! To think I could have bought a 737 from the marketplace for 35 bucks and not have to have the Ops Center for 70 bucks... I'm going to cry now.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

You are pretty slow. read my post again

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Who cares? this is a old and tired subject.

I'm done with this topic 

What a lovely person you are and thank you for your contribution to this topic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, bobcat999 said:

True!  They are working on a textures update to come along with the flight pad.  Hopefully to be released soon.  I really like it for the price.

I like it too, the physics seem off when gliding with loss of engines, but that could be my bad piloting and because it is more realistic.
Maybe something I need to set when lose engines to make it more stable.

I was kind of dropping out of the sky like a rock instead of gliding, coming down at 2000+ fpm and couldn't pull up even at a speed of 180.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I like it too, the physics seem off when gliding with loss of engines, but that could be my bad piloting and because it is more realistic.
Maybe something I need to set when lose engines to make it more stable.

I was kind of dropping out of the sky like a rock instead of gliding, coming down at 2000+ fpm and couldn't pull up even at a speed of 180.

Yes, I have my doubts as well.  Also, pitch changes are a lot stronger than I expect when I change throttle settings, so there is plenty of physics going on there relating to engine power. 

With engines out, I would expect you should be able to glide to a ditching at least, like Sully did in his Airbus. 
Different aircraft I know, but I would have thought it would be mandatory in the real aircraft to have this capability on loss of engines.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.