Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

PMDG 737-700 Update to Build 3.00.0031

Hi all

Along with the release of the -600 yesterday, Mr. Randazzo also mentioned features included in the update to the -700. As this update seems to have gone unnoticed here at AVSIM, I'll list some of the main points here and a link to the PMDG announcement. Forgive me if there's already a thread on this. 

The biggest and most notable change is that we have folded in new PMDG Lateral Flight Path simulation, updating the very core of how the flight management system computes, plans and and draws the "magenta line" that ultimately gets followed by the airplane. The new LFP simulation conforms to ICAO standards for computation of paths and the arcs flown to connect each segment of a flight plan, thus yielding a far more accurate simulation than all previous generations of PMDG products. In concert with this change, we have also provided a significant improvement to the vertical profile simulation, as it is now able to capitalize on greater accuracy in the mathematical computations from the lateral path model, thus resulting in greater accuracy and more consistent results along the vertical profile. These two are heavily intertwined, and this update represents a significant step forward in the core flight management logic.

• Magenta line drawing is far more consistent and accurately matches real-world results along programmed routes of flight.
  • Improved accuracy of lateral deviations from flight path. (LNAV sticks to the line like glue in most scenarios)
  • Lateral Path accurately predicts arcs to be flown and will show "unflyable" arcs if aircraft speed plan is too high for the procedure.
  • LNAV now provides descreet data to other consumers for improved aircraft performance and accuracy (VNAV, FMS, Fuel Prediction, etc)Greatly improved accuracy and stability of VNAV path computation.
  • Full VNAV Constant Descent Angle capabilities with correct approach behaviors to real world application.
  • Improved roll model behavior of flight director to conform to expected aircraft performance.

There's also an update to the parking brake behaviour to make it behave more like the real aircraft. This caught me off-guard yesterday when I loaded up the aircraft. The trick is to apply full brake pressure both when setting and releasing the parking brake. 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/206425-29jul22-pmdg-737-600-is-released-and-some-other-news-bits-too

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 9

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Thank you for the HU, the new parking brake is good to know.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Videos covering  VNAV will follow shortly he says. 

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

42 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

There's also an update to the parking brake behaviour to make it behave more like the real aircraft. This caught me off-guard yesterday when I loaded up the aircraft. The trick is to apply full brake pressure both when setting and releasing the parking brake. 

Ahhhhhh!!, I've been fiddling with it for half an hour!

20 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Ahhhhhh!!, I've been fiddling with it for half an hour!

I went through that yesterday 😅 I was sure the update was bugged. Then eventually I vaguely remembered this from owning the NG back in the days of FSX. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, espent said:

Videos covering  VNAV will follow shortly he says. 

the Lnav works really great tested sid from  my home airport that the Fenix not made correct and the 700 before this uppdate , but now the 600  and 700 do without any problems , The Fenix is put in the Hangar until they fix Lnav Vnav hope for a update fast.

• Like 3

Just now, westman said:

the Lnav works really great tested sid from  my home airport that the Fenix not made correct and the 700 before this uppdate , but now the 600  and 700 do without any problems , The Fenix is put in the Hangar until they fix Lnav Vnav hope for a update fast.

That's great news. Which SID is that? I wouldn't mind to test it, see how the updated -700 handles it. Judging by Mr. Randazzo's statements, the LNAV should be pretty solid with this update. 

"You will notice that the airplane smoothly handles transitions from non-curved to curved paths in the flight route, including entries and exits from holding, missed approaches and the like- with very little wandering and tightly controlled lateral deviation".

With this update we should also expect greater accuracy with VNAV.  

I've been flying Baltimore to Myrtle Beach quite a bit lately. It's short enough to complete in about an hour and a half. I've always been assigned an ILS 18 approach via CRE. It requires a hold with a teardrop entry at UXDEP. Prior to this update, the 700 could not fly it without help. Left on it's own, it would turn right prior to UXDEP and circle around but never enter the hold. It was a mess. To make the plane fly it correctly, I had to engage heading mode and fly heading 288 until it passed UXDEP and then re-engage LNAV so that it would enter the hold. The Fenix would do a proper teardrop entry, and now the 700 flies it perfectly as well.

If you're not sure why they had to fix it, try this flight before you update, and then fly it again after updating.

KBWI CONLE4 SCOOB..ILM..WYLMS..KMYR

• Like 4

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

After Fenix and FBW I can't touch PMDG's 737 anymore until they get that EFB implemented.  Doing everything from the FMC (doors, pushback, outside vehicles, no ability to see charts, no ability to have in cockpit calculation software, etc.) is FSX old school.

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

After Fenix and FBW I can't touch PMDG's 737 anymore until they get that EFB implemented.  Doing everything from the FMC (doors, pushback, outside vehicles, charts, calculations, etc.) is FSX old school.

Well Ok then…

-B

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dillon said:

After Fenix and FBW I can't touch PMDG's 737 anymore until they get that EFB implemented.  Doing everything from the FMC (doors, pushback, outside vehicles, no ability to see charts, no ability to have in cockpit calculation software, etc.) is FSX old school.

So, doing it from the fmc screen is a big no-no. From the tablet screen on the other hand...well there's a huge difference... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That's great news. Which SID is that?

I believe it's the BAVES 1D at LGIR at Iraklion, Greece. Quite the pretzel. Amazing how the FMC keeps recalculating the path in real time.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

13 minutes ago, Dillon said:

After Fenix and FBW I can't touch PMDG's 737 anymore until they get that EFB implemented.

I agree that having an EFB is a great convenience. It doesn't stop me from flying the -700 though. Let's hope that when it finally arrives, it's as great as the FBW and Fenix ones. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I agree that having an EFB is a great convenience. It doesn't stop me from flying the -700 though. Let's hope that when it finally arrives, it's as great as the FBW and Fenix ones. 

Its PMDG you can be assured that it will be up to the standards like the others you mention maybe even better. This EFB will work the same for all the 737 variants, the 777 and the 747.

• Like 2

Does taping the brakes do not disconnects the autobrake ? I really have to turn the autobrakes switch to ‘off’ ? 

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben